Welcome to the General Self Defense Forum!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have had requests before for a general forum on general self-defense and self-defense strategies (e.g., here). Here it is! Feel free to suggest a more specific forum description

A forum for the discussion of general self defense concepts, ideas and techniques outside the traditional styles and arts.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

M

MartialArtsGuy

Wow,

It's finally here.

I think we can all use this forum to discuss many self-defense related topics and learn from each others perspectives.

This is a wondefull chance for all martial artists to learn how practicioners from other arts address common problems that face us all.

I should be posting here frequently and I hope we can all behave oursleves. ;)

M

MartialArtsGuy

One question though

why "outside the traditional styles and arts"?

I think I'm misreading it. For example, I'd like to be able to find input on lets say......"knife defenses" in this forum from everything from ishin ryu, to krav maga, to tae kwon doe, to Kali, to the newest "Navy Seals" program ya know.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I probably phrased that wrong. By 'outside' I mean 'not restricted to any particular arts ideas'.

Hope thats clearer..if not, I'll play with the focus knob :)

M

MartialArtsGuy

Maybe something like this being a place were martial artists can come and discuss all matters regarding self-defense. Different perspectives and idea sharing are should be encouraged. Everything from situations to tactics to personal stories.

I thought this would be a good place to focus discussion on the martial arts and how they impact self-defense.

I'm not sure how to word it.

The threads in this forum are good.

Latest Discussions