Stupid people!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seven people have electrocuted themselves trying to steal copper from live electrical wires since July. *shaking head*

Article.

Evidence of natural selection? Or perhaps of God punishing sinners?

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Darwinism at it's best :ultracool BTW isn't stupid people redundant?

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Seven people have electrocuted themselves trying to steal copper from live electrical wires since July. *shaking head*

Article.

Evidence of natural selection? Or perhaps of God punishing sinners?

It has nothing to do with any god. Just a bunch of asswipes stealing. Call it an occupational hazard.

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
steal a couple hundred bucks worth of copper wire.
cause several thousand dollars in damages.

sounds like they got their just deserts.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seven people have electrocuted themselves trying to steal copper from live electrical wires since July.

As an Electrician I don't find this hard to belive at all. We have had to change our methods of keeping wire on the job sites because of the problem. Just for an "Oh by the way" type of thing: Consider our cost for wire, last year we were paying $72 per 1000' of 12/2, this summer that same roll went for $525 (thank God it is dropping again). It isn't just a couple of hundred dollars these guys get at one time, it is Thousands or tens-of-thousands of dollars at a time. Stupid? darn right, getting what they deserve? kind of harsh punishment for stealing IMHO. That is an opinion from someone who has to think in terms of 100,000 - 250,000 dollars to place a wire order each time. So while I think death is a bit harsh, locking them away for a LONG time with Bubba-the-lonely as a cell mate sounds about right. :whip1:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*shakes head* You just gotta wonder...WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING??? Duh.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As an Electrician I don't find this hard to belive at all. We have had to change our methods of keeping wire on the job sites because of the problem. Just for an "Oh by the way" type of thing: Consider our cost for wire, last year we were paying $72 per 1000' of 12/2, this summer that same roll went for $525 (thank God it is dropping again). It isn't just a couple of hundred dollars these guys get at one time, it is Thousands or tens-of-thousands of dollars at a time. Stupid? darn right, getting what they deserve? kind of harsh punishment for stealing IMHO. That is an opinion from someone who has to think in terms of 100,000 - 250,000 dollars to place a wire order each time. So while I think death is a bit harsh, locking them away for a LONG time with Bubba-the-lonely as a cell mate sounds about right. :whip1:

Death is not what they deserve for stealing (or attempting to), it's what they deserve for being so darn stoopid as to try stealing live electical wires. Very Darwinian... get their genes out of the pool, they're only making humanity as a whole less intelligent.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Death is not what they deserve for stealing (or attempting to), it's what they deserve for being so darn stoopid as to try stealing live electical wires. Very Darwinian... get their genes out of the pool, they're only making humanity as a whole less intelligent.
Yup. They're bringing down the average, that's for sure. Well, they were.

Latest Discussions