Was Ninjutsu EVER Effective?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Stealthy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. shirobanryunotora

shirobanryunotora Yellow Belt

greetings and kudos for approaching this touchy subject in a respectful manner.for me-having worked in the security field for many years(retired now) bujinkan ninpo techniques taught to me by the likes of soke hatsumi and shihan nagato-i began training in bujinkan in 1983 btw-only needed slight tweaking to be street and personal effective- this tweaking involved simply changing form depth to suit modern combat situations etc whilst the techniques suited unarmed and weapon attacks quite admirably-til the next rr

2. shirobanryunotora

shirobanryunotora Yellow Belt

more on this subject-much of my security work involved handling drunks-the way that worked for me was to keep in motion at all times-this upset their targeting and balance enough that their attempts at attacks were often inept and unco.etc; then using basic bujinkan techniques of locks holds and body manipulations worked very well with lil need for any real combat adaptions etc-i do find myself agreeing with chris parker though in regards to modern combat and ninpo techniques elsewhere needing refinement to be effective still-his answer is long etc but valid-many factors need to be taken into account when adapting older styles and approaches-but thats what training is for123