Warriors of China - The Movie. Chinese Martial Arts

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I will have to watch that.

I always am both impressed and sad every time I see anything Shaolin these days. They still have the incredible forms but have little idea how to use them for fighting. All fighting at shoalin (including the match in the clip) is now sports sanshou. But Wudang and Chen village would be rather interesting see and the one they talked about using the mind to fight looked like Yiquan, I do believe I will go watch that.

Shaolin

Wudangquan

Chenjiagou

Yiquan

Last edited:
OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Xue I know exactly what you mean. Still they are impressive athletes and that is why I enjoy watching them perform.
icon6.gif

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, they are impressive to watch that's for sure. I will likely go see them if they come to my area but it is still a bit depressing.

Yes when you know the back ground of what is going on at the Shaolin Temple and what has occurred then yes it is depressing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes when you know the back ground of what is going on at the Shaolin Temple and what has occurred then yes it is depressing.

Not wanting to take this off post but a similar thing may be starting at Wudang and Chenjiagou too. It is too early to tell but the way things are starting to look they are not looking good.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not wanting to take this off post but a similar thing may be starting at Wudang and Chenjiagou too. It is too early to tell but the way things are starting to look they are not looking good.

I had not heard that but I imagine as the tourist dollar gets involved that they will fade away in all seriousness as well. To bad and really sad.
icon9.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I had not heard that but I imagine as the tourist dollar gets involved that they will fade away in all seriousness as well. To bad and really sad.
icon9.gif

I heard they were really building up around Chenjiagou, hotels mostly, to cater to western tourists. And Wudang is getting more and more tourists every year but so far they appear to have resisted catering to them, but what I know is a couple of years old as far as Wudang goes, things could have changed drastically in that time.