Wanting to learn mma, but I'm a bit skinny, what workout to do ?

Ξ Y W Λ X

White Belt
Reaction score
I want to start learning mma, but I am a little bit skinny, what workout exercices should I do ? I can do exercices with gym equipment but it's better if I can have something without equipment to start with since I don't have a gym suscription for now. Is calisthenics good for example ?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
General bodyweight exercises, and cardio, will do the best for you starting out. If at some point you decide you want to compete, you'll need more. But the most important thing is to start attending classes!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I want to start learning mma, but I am a little bit skinny, what workout exercices should I do ? I can do exercices with gym equipment but it's better if I can have something without equipment to start with since I don't have a gym suscription for now. Is calisthenics good for example ?
Pushups. They're free.

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
you can do push up sit ups do some running you can do jumping jack burpees lunges excercise will do do some some planks thats will do the trick

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are tons of cardio/strength videos on Youtube. And don't forget to look at your diet. You need plenty of protien and carbs for energy.

bluepanther

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think most people's responses are best. When a soldier goes to boot camp, they do lots of running, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, those sorts of things. Maybe later on start a basic barbell routine.

Latest Discussions