Villari in Dallas,Tx?

C

CKC

Are there any Villari people in Dallas? I have started with his tapes but would like validation of my progress and maybe some personal training.

Thx

OP
O

octopic

As far as I know there are no Shaolin Kempo schools in the Dallas area. I do know of a couple of black belts that live up there. The best way to get in touch with them might be to call the Villari school in Austin 512-345-8755. The other option is to just take a ride down to Austin every once in a while. After all, it's much nicer than Dallas :)

mhouse

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Try http://www.dallaskenpo.com/

Dr. Chamberlain was a student of Nick Cerio, as was Fred Villari. So, while it won't be exactly the same, the roots of it should be familiar enough that he can point you in the right direction. Also, he may know of other schools in the area that do Shaolin Kenpo.

OP
V

Velcrotigger

David Breckenbride is the instructer there. I trained with him for years in California under Armen Heroian 8th Degree Black from Vallari. David has good old school training in him and will give you an excellent test. You might even get a tag teamed with his wife who is an excellent martial artest as well. Our wives tested for 2nd Degree Black together in late 90's.

OP
C

CKC

Velcrotigger, is he in Dallas or in Cali. If he is still in Cali what city? I'm going there in a few months.

Thanks

OP
O

octopic

CKC said:
Velcrotigger, is he in Dallas or in Cali. If he is still in Cali what city? I'm going there in a few months.

Thanks

He runs the school in Austin.

OP
V

Velcrotigger

David is the instructor in Austin TX and Armen is in Monrose CA. Monrose is a small city within Los Angeles and only a 20 minute ride from Burbank airport.