video clip of assault

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Seeing this clip really disgusted me! I can't say I woudl ahve done anything myself if i were there becuse i know I would have been shaken by it! I have been in a situation where I cowered away. I was in apub with some female friends and because of a misunderstansing a guy in his 50s was acting very threatening towards us! I merely looked down at my drink wanting the situation to just go away and to this day I feel vey ashamed about it.

I'm not sure if my 6 years f Kung Fu would help me out at all if I was in a life or death situation. BUt I'm not about to prove myself. If someone did cut in front of me I wouldn't speak up because I'm no the kind of person who likes confrontation. However I do have a friend who is very highly strung, and did actually have a minor altercation with another man in a baker's shop. He merely grabbed him by the lapels and siad some words and pushed him back I think. But this kind of behaviour is very dangerous. I believe you should only fight when you have to.

I hope that big guy gets what he deserves!

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
That lady who started all the ruckus is being further prosecuted by Ohio's Cuyahoga County Prosecutor. She already pled out, and served 6 months per the city(Cleveland,Ohio)prosecutor's office. From what I could gather of this. Is that the county is saying the city can not speak for them. Since this is a felony case, and apprently county jurisdiction. Even though she has ALREADY done the time!!!??? Does this smell like double jeopardy to anyone else? Admittedly she, and her co-hort did wrong, but she bargained in good faith, and has done the time. Does'nt sit well with me.

By His Grace,
1st John 1:9

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree the cops should have been called pronto. The poor guy who took the beating. Let himself get beat. If nothing else he should of dropped, and covered. Looking at the floor like he did, instead of in his face got him sucker punched, and thrashed. The guy who doled out the beating was slow, and clumsy. He was obviously a thug who smelled fear, and attacked. Nothing about how he handled himself. Suggested he was a "good" fighter. Just a big dude with no confidence in his own abilty. If he had any confidence in his own fighting ability. He would not of sucker punched a much smaller, and obviously frightened man. That man did nothing to deserve what was meted out. He only spoke up when the lady struck him. You could see in him that it was nothing but reaction. He made no threatening move on her, but reacted to her attack as not to be further molested by her. Then came trouble... I hope he recovers fully, and gets some self defense training.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
donald said:
That lady who started all the ruckus is being further prosecuted by Ohio's Cuyahoga County Prosecutor. She already pled out, and served 6 months per the city(Cleveland,Ohio)prosecutor's office. From what I could gather of this. Is that the county is saying the city can not speak for them. Since this is a felony case, and apprently county jurisdiction. Even though she has ALREADY done the time!!!??? Does this smell like double jeopardy to anyone else? Admittedly she, and her co-hort did wrong, but she bargained in good faith, and has done the time. Does'nt sit well with me.

By His Grace,
1st John 1:9
I thought this was in Akron. That means there is no jurisdiction from Cuyahoga County or City of Cleveland. Akron is Summit county.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tony said:
Seeing this clip really disgusted me! I can't say I woudl ahve done anything myself if i were there becuse i know I would have been shaken by it! I have been in a situation where I cowered away. I was in apub with some female friends and because of a misunderstansing a guy in his 50s was acting very threatening towards us! I merely looked down at my drink wanting the situation to just go away and to this day I feel vey ashamed about it.

I'm not sure if my 6 years f Kung Fu would help me out at all if I was in a life or death situation. BUt I'm not about to prove myself. If someone did cut in front of me I wouldn't speak up because I'm no the kind of person who likes confrontation. However I do have a friend who is very highly strung, and did actually have a minor altercation with another man in a baker's shop. He merely grabbed him by the lapels and siad some words and pushed him back I think. But this kind of behaviour is very dangerous. I believe you should only fight when you have to.

I hope that big guy gets what he deserves!
Don't ever be ashamed of not getting into a confrontaion. It takes more guts to stay out of one.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tough situation.

The attacker(s) where for sure out of line, nobody is going to dispute that.

The victim? I don't know, I don't think he did anything that even remotely warrented what he got, but he definitely could have handled the situation better. It is easy for me to sit here, watch the video and say that though. Whould I have handled it differently? I'd like to think so, but its hard to know what you would do in that situation without actaully being in it. I might have said something to her for cutting in line, but I don't think I would have let it get to the shouting match that it ended up in. And the big boyfriend was standing there looking menacing for a while before he did anything, at the very least I'd like to think that would have been able to regognize the type of situation that was arising and that I wouldn't have been looking down at the floor while some big ugly dude was in that threatening of a position.

As for the bystanders, as fast as it happened, I doubt that I would hae done much differently than any of them. I may have been on my cell calling 911 as soon as I saw what was happening, but aside from that and maybe yelling something, I doubt I would have gotten involved. That dude doing the punching was big and crazy, a comment from a bystander might have caused him to attack that person as well. As for bashing him with a chair or stick or something, I doubt I would have done that either, as that may have ended me up in jail right next to him. Especially if he was seriously hurt. In a perfect world maybe I would have jumped in, but in the current lawyer filled world in which we live, I doubt it.

Just my take on everything.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
OULobo said:
I thought this was in Akron. That means there is no jurisdiction from Cuyahoga County or City of Cleveland. Akron is Summit county.

You're absolutely correct. The Summit County Prosecutor is on the case. When I caught it on the news. They were interviewing the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor. In hearing what he was saying. It sounded like it happened in Cleveland. I apologize for not getting my facts straight.

By His Grace,
1stJohn 1:9

S

safeeagle

Your right the guy didn't want any trouble. Can't say as I blame him. Wonder what a pre-emtive strike to the groin would have done to that thug.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
safeeagle said:
Your right the guy didn't want any trouble. Can't say as I blame him. Wonder what a pre-emtive strike to the groin would have done to that thug.

You'd probably have to rub chicken fat on yer foot to get between his thighs in the first place....

Thumb to the eye?

Latest Discussions