Vice Presidential Debate.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Vice Presidential debate is coming up thursday, might as well start a thread on it.

Quick question...will Vice President lie about his wife's death...again...during the debate?

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/04/biden-slanders-a-dead-man-family-grieves/

Since his vice presidential nomination, Joe Biden’s 2007 statement that a “guy who allegedly … drank his lunch” and drove the truck that struck and killed his first wife and daughter has gained national media traction.
Alcohol didn’t play a role in the 1972 crash, investigators found. But as recently as last week, the syndicated TV show Inside Edition aired a clip from 2001 of Biden describing the accident to an audience at the University of Delaware and saying the truck driver “stopped to drink instead of drive.”
The senator’s statements don’t jibe with news and law enforcement reports from the time, which cleared driver Curtis C. Dunn, who died in 1999, of wrongdoing.
“To see it coming from [Biden's] mouth, I just burst into tears,” Dunn’s daughter, Glasgow resident Pamela Hamill, 44, said Wednesday. “My dad was always there for us. Now we feel like we should be there for him because he’s not here to defend himself.”

About the truck driver...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012...ning_mate_a_proven_liar_coward_and_bully.html

As reported by Inside Edition, a police investigation of the accident showed that Mrs. Biden pulled into an intersection after she failed to notice an oncoming tractor trailer, which apparently had the right of way. The truck's driver, Curtis Dunn, put his own life at risk in an effort to avoid the collision; he twisted the wheel so hard that he overturned his vehicle. Delaware Online adds emphatically that neither driver had consumed alcohol. Senator Biden, as reported by the New York Times, nonetheless chose to publicly and falsely accuse Mr. Dunn of killing Biden's wife and child while driving drunk (emphasis added):
"Let me tell you a little story," Mr. Biden told the crowd at the University of Iowa. "I got elected when I was 29, and I got elected November the 7th. And on Dec. 18 of that year, my wife and three kids were Christmas shopping for a Christmas tree. A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly -- and I never pursued it -- drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly, and killed my daughter instantly, and hospitalized my two sons, with what were thought to be at the time permanent, fundamental injuries."
A false accusation of a crime such as killing somebody while driving drunk is of course automatically libel or slander, but Mr. Biden waited until Mr. Dunn had died of natural causes to make this accusation. A dead person cannot sue for defamation, nor can his family sue on his behalf, which means Biden attacked somebody who could not defend himself. This makes Barack Obama's running mate a coward as well as a liar.

Biden therefore used his power as a U.S. senator to brutalize an ordinary [COLOR=#11B000 !important]American family[/COLOR] so he could grandstand about how he felt the pain of the 9/11 victims, and that makes him a bully: "A person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker." To this may be added his prostitution of the memory of his own wife and daughter, whom he used for the same purpose.

He apparently retold the story at least again in 2007...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/us/politics/14biden.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Despite what the investigation found, Biden still believes Mr Dunn was drunk. Publically accusing a man of wrongdoing with no proof is something Mr Biden should know better than to do. He should stop. However, the point that he was making in the debate with Mrs Palin is still valid. She had accused him of not knowing what it was like to struggle. "Struggling" is one of the lesser words I would use for someone who had lost a wife and daughter and seen his two boys hospitalized.

Now, since you are on such a crusade for poeple telling the truth, what do you think of Mr Ryan's lies in the RNC and Mr Romney's fibs in the debate? Before you link a bunch of partisian sites, go look at the fact checker places first. I mean since you have such strong feelings about Mr Biden's lie, perhaps you'll share your strong feelings on Mr Ryan and Mr Romney's lies.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe we are at a point where we all know both sides lie. Now we have to focus on which side is doing the most damning lies. Are they lies to get elected/re-elected, or lies to hurt, deceive, and denigrate the Constitution?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll just link to what Seasoned posted on post #3...

I believe we are at a point where we all know both sides lie. Now we have to focus on which side is doing the most damning lies. Are they lies to get elected/re-elected, or lies to hurt, deceive, and denigrate the Constitution?

Yeah...what he said...

Ryan and Romney are politicians so I don't expect them to be honest about everything they say, and going to partisan fact checking sites will only confirm that. The same goes for obama but with the added problem that his philosophy and agenda will wreck this country.

By all accounts, Romney and Ryan are decent men...for politicians. Obama...not so much, he has too many associations with known domestic terrorists and racists for him to be a decent man. Do I wish Romney and Ryan were better politicians, you bet your A**. Am I ever going to get that out of a politician, not on your life.

In the future, if there is a republican as vile as bill "juanita broderick-elizabeth "the raven" clinton, or ted "remember Mary Jo," kennedy or barak "friend of terrorists and racists," obama...and there is a democrat as harmless as Romney...then I might be able to take an election off and waste my vote on the libertarian candidate or some other third party candidate. With 2-3 supreme court nominations coming up which will change the face of American constitutional rights for the next 100 years, there is no way I am going to "virtuously," not vote for Romney and let the democrats vote for obama. It ain't going to happen this time. This election is too important to future generations who deserve a chance at private property rights, religious freedom, and gun rights as well as all the other rights a left controlled supreme court would rule against.

Since obama is a disciple of Saul Alinsky, this is the rule that would apply here...from wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

This is another favorite rule of the obamaites...

RULE 12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Amazing that all those fact checking sites are partisian when you don't agree with them. I also notice a trend here. When you are called on your facts, you start attacking people within the left. It smacks of depseration and an unwillingness to let facts alter your opinions. Keep at it though. It does exactly the opposite of wht you think it does and is pretty transparent.

Latest Discussions