Vee Arnis Jitsu Gun Defense

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
[yt]i_NpcDnwVm0[/yt]

We have a few gun discussions going on, so I thought we could discuss this clip. Pros, cons, differences, similarities to what you do/don't do.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very similar to the KravMaga disarm to the head. He talks about control, which as you know from the other threads, is very important, to me anyways. :) I also like the idea of talking to the person. Give them something else to think about. As it was said in the clip, if he's answering you, he's hearing and processing what you're saying. That may buy you some time.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...no thoughts on this clip?

Jack Meower

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I really liked this. Thanks for posting it.

Actually I'm at work, and I keep getting interrupted, so I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I like what I've seen.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmmm...no thoughts on this clip?
A couple of thoughts from someone (me) who hasn't worked much on defense against firearms :

First, the approach seemed simple and logical. Nothing stupid here.

Second, if somebody wants to kill you they may not give you this kind of chance. If I really wanted to kill someone, as soon as I got within 10 feet or so, I'd just shoot 'em. Of course, there's not much you can do about that.

Finally, If your attacker doesn't want to kill you, it might be safer to just give them your wallet. Or, if you feel that you need to act, use the moment when they reach to take your money as your opening to initiate your move.

Oh... another thought! If the gun is on your forehead... if you are really stupid and have a very low forehead, would you have a better chance of success?

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really liked this. Thanks for posting it.

Actually I'm at work, and I keep getting interrupted, so I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I like what I've seen.

Glad you liked it. :) When you have more time, please feel free to comment further. :)

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of thoughts from someone (me) who hasn't worked much on defense against firearms :

First, the approach seemed simple and logical. Nothing stupid here.

Agreed.

Second, if somebody wants to kill you they may not give you this kind of chance. If I really wanted to kill someone, as soon as I got within 10 feet or so, I'd just shoot 'em. Of course, there's not much you can do about that.

Agreed. And frankly, from that distance, I think its safe to say that nobody would be able to do much. Of course, I'm taking this clip as a mugging scenario. Unless this was an assassination or the mugger told the victim to throw the wallet, purse, watch, etc to him, he's probably going to be that close.

Finally, If your attacker doesn't want to kill you, it might be safer to just give them your wallet. Or, if you feel that you need to act, use the moment when they reach to take your money as your opening to initiate your move.

But, speaking for myself only, I dont want to take that chance. He could take my cash and keys and still blow my head off. I do agree with moving while you say that you're going to give him what he wants. I posted a few knife clips in another thread. It focused on some mugging scenarios, in which the defender, when told to put his hands up, did so in a way that allowed for a defense to happen.

Oh... another thought! If the gun is on your forehead... if you are really stupid and have a very low forehead, would you have a better chance of success?[/quote]

Latest Discussions