Tool control revisited

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
We decided on some force on force training with the pistol which is a sigma 9mm replica airsoft with real time action.

We normally drill dry... but we need assurance and not some cozy fantasy... the click of the trigger engaging the firing mechanisms and cycling isnt enough to guage and is not ultimately tranferrable. We need something coming out of the muzzle wether its simunitions-paintball or airsoft we need a projectile coming at us.

After being shot center mass a couple times as well as taking shoulder hits and grazes we finally figured out a universal approach which is transferrable regardless of the firearm type... I have to say, I wanted to barf after I got shot point blank-center mass with that pellet but I got over that... We have to get over the fact that we could be shot but most importantly that the gun always goes off.

What translated from this experience is striking the radial nerve/bone close to the wrist of the trigger arm or the elbow or spot just above the elbow of the trigger arm... hands in neutral , from the outside and across...away from the natural bend of the arm... never up.. never down...never inside out with the natural bend of the arm...

What remained the same was striking targets-projecting through-and always rotating fully.... the initial target was the forearm radial nerve(we drilled stepping on the foot at the same time)... then striking the throat or side of the neck...the groin...the eyes...the ears in order to set up a neck or other break and a dump proceeding if needed...

We literally ran thru everything we could imagine ...every technique we could think of... lots of km stuff came up... there were different gun grabs and disarm attempts that all resulted in discharge and being mortally shot.... sweat made capture and control more difficult if not impossible...some people you just cant strip a gun from...especially if they are stronger... striking the radial took that out becuase even if there wasnt allot of pain it still served in knocking the firearm completely off its poa and to the unatural side of the bend of their arm all while serving as the door to get in and get the next target(s) before they can swing the arm over and re-index the poa... the gun eventually became in-animate either by flying out or colliding with the pavement once they impacted the earth.

Excuse the long winded rant...I just wanted to let you guys know about the work we got done during our last lab session, since it has been a topic of discussion...I like to follow up on this stuff whenever I can becuase its important to me that the information I provide isnt a load of crap...

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is a good book, "Vital Point Strikes" that show quite a few nerves to strike. Chuin would aprove ;-)

Deaf

OP
BLACK LION

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have studied various different vital point references...some vast in detail and some very basic... out of the 230+ points... I only refer to about 40 give or take... some are singular like the heart, spleen trachea, liver, aortas etc... and many are coupled eyes,ears, lungs, kidneys, joints, nerves, arteries etc.... some references elaborate on time, day, meridians etc and are rather esoteric... some references are basic and more anatomical and leave out all the inbetween filler and death touch mysticism... I refer to the chin-na dictionary as well as a more simplified yet anatomically correct source... I also refer to straight anatomy and physiology for an unbiased source of medical info on location and function... I also refer to accupressure and holistic resources... ninjutsu and more modern battle field combatives are a great source as well...

all have something different but share commonality..

I have realized over the years of studying this facet of combat that there is no one hitter quitter in terms of info... there is no singular doctrine... I have always remained open in seeking references and never taylored to one....

excuse the rant.

Latest Discussions