Useing Airsoft for training?

paulschoon

White Belt
Reaction score
So I have been talking to some people and training with Airsoft got brought up, whether its shooting tactics, room clearing, disarming... Just wondering what you guys thoughts on this is?

MaxtheNinja

White Belt
Reaction score
It's a great idea. A lot of police forces and real militaries use airsoft to train with. They make airsoft guns that are 1:1 replicas of just about every gun out there. There are airsoft glocks, airsoft smgs, airsoft m4's.

OP
P

paulschoon

White Belt
Reaction score
Any good handguns you would suggest that would be close to the real thing for training reasons

MaxtheNinja

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, what handgun do you have? Pretty much every airsoft handgun is a 1:1 replica of the real steel version.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are gel ball (or something) guns I want to have a go at.

Last edited:
OP
P

paulschoon

White Belt
Reaction score
I have an M&P and a Glock any suggestions or whats a good brand that makes either of them

derekhann

White Belt
Reaction score
im no expert but using airsoft for disarming training techniques seems like a pretty good idea.

sam your

White Belt
Reaction score
airsoft is close to the real thing so i think it will work with training

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I have been talking to some people and training with Airsoft got brought up, whether its shooting tactics, room clearing, disarming... Just wondering what you guys thoughts on this is?
Yes and it gives you the opportunity to dress up in combat s, play with Toy guns and pretend to be a soldier, how old are you ? 9 !

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's valid for training concepts and methods. The only thing is that I don't think I would teach disarming with an air soft. The truth about learning is that it involves making mistakes. I personally know that my pain threshold hold will decrease with every mistake that resulted in me getting shot. Eventually it just becomes an u necessary dread. It would also require some really good protection gear to do disarm drills with an Airsoft gun. I would research to see what types of train weapons and equipment that law enforcement uses along with a NY guides or training that instructors can take.
Airsoft training would be considered as advanced training for students who have already learned the skills enough no to make many mistskes.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's valid for training concepts and methods. The only thing is that I don't think I would teach disarming with an air soft. The truth about learning is that it involves making mistakes. I personally know that my pain threshold hold will decrease with every mistake that resulted in me getting shot. Eventually it just becomes an u necessary dread. It would also require some really good protection gear to do disarm drills with an Airsoft gun. I would research to see what types of train weapons and equipment that law enforcement uses along with a NY guides or training that instructors can take.
Airsoft training would be considered as advanced training for students who have already learned the skills enough no to make many mistskes.
Have you been shot with an air soft gun, it's like being shot with A pea shooter opared by a heavy smok er, I shot some in the ear from two Foot away and he did complain ( a Lot), but he was just being mard,

D

Deleted member 39746

I have an M&P and a Glock any suggestions or whats a good brand that makes either of them

I THINK WE has Glock rights to put all the brandings etc on it. Most branded(company) ones will look like and have enough similarties to be used as trainign devices.

There are some unbranded nes out there which dont look like anything in particular etc but aisoft is also a sport and a few companies produce airsoft weapons good for airsoft.

Edit: get a gas blow back pistol as that has a working slide action unlike non blow back electrics.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Can I ask if you are wishing to do room clearing then that is in the realms of CQB drills and honestly unless you get a military instructor who has down that I doubt you will have much success I am not knocking the leo teams but really it CQB and that you do not do with a handgun at least I wouldn't and also to do it properly you need harvey wall bangers, everest poppers and flash bangs ele ya playing at it

D

Deleted member 39746

Can I ask if you are wishing to do room clearing then that is in the realms of CQB drills and honestly unless you get a military instructor who has down that I doubt you will have much success I am not knocking the leo teams but really it CQB and that you do not do with a handgun at least I wouldn't and also to do it properly you need harvey wall bangers, everest poppeIrs and flash bangs ele ya playing at it

If i got the point right:

The military relies on explosives more than police clearing. its comon pratice to throw a grenade into a room/corridor and then clear it. a flash bang is deemed a acceptable substitute etc. Diffrent doctrines diffrent purposes. Law enorcement clearing is based on military anyway, just taking out all the things only specilist teams get. (like not being able to blow a hole in a wall etc)

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rat if your talking about frag grenades that a different thing lad different concepts

AlecBeach

White Belt
Reaction score
Have you been shot with an air soft gun, it's like being shot with A pea shooter opared by a heavy smok er, I shot some in the ear from two Foot away and he did complain ( a Lot), but he was just being mard,
I feel you are talking about those spring guns... The walmart kind

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
The ones across the pond must be a lot weaker, because here they cause massive purple bruises from 50 yards.

Latest Discussions