USAT is still under the eye of USOC but they hired Patriece Remack new coach

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
USAT is still under the watchful eye of the USOC and have to make major changes to avoid being decertified. But on the bright side Patriece Remack was named the new coach for USAT, that is a step in the new direction.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well deserved Master Remarck is a great coach!

USAT is taking a step in the right direction!

Master Harris is doing a great Job!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now that USAT has chosen Coach Remarck, wouldn't it be cool if his athlete Aaron Cook became an American citizen? Just thinking out loud.....

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remarck has a good reputation, from what I understand. I've read of folks being upset that Juan Moreno didn't get the nod as coach. My guess (merely based on assumptions, so take it for what it's worth) is that he was too close to Jean Lopez. New CEO Bruce Harris would want a fresh start in a new direction with Remarck.
What are your thoughts on this? Am I on to something here?

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Remarck has a good reputation, from what I understand. I've read of folks being upset that Juan Moreno didn't get the nod as coach. My guess (merely based on assumptions, so take it for what it's worth) is that he was too close to Jean Lopez. New CEO Bruce Harris would want a fresh start in a new direction with Remarck.
What are your thoughts on this? Am I on to something here.

Juan and Jean are not close at all!!!! They are heated rivals who don't like each other at all. Juan has had conflict of interest issue. Many feel he gave Assistant Coach spots to his friends and favored his athletes. And used the USAT to put together lucrative training camps to make a boat load of money for himself!

Most feel that the athlete pipe line has been drained under Jean and Juan.

The quid pro quo system that the USAT used to be under. If you don't train with Juan or Jean you wont make the National team or the Olympics.

Many felt the AAU had a better coaching staff...expect to see Jean and Juan as Non paid asst coaches because they have athletes on the team! Also expect to see many of the AAU coaches on the USAT staff.

EXPECT TO SEE THE AAU and the USAT start to work together. AAU rearranged it schedule to cooperate with the USAT.

it is a great time for TKD IN THE USA!!!!

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? Am I on to something here.

Juan and Jean are not close at all!!!! They are heated rivals who don't like each other at all. Juan has had conflict of interest issue. Many feel he gave Assistant Coach spots to his friends and favored his athletes. And used the USAT to put together lucrative training camps to make a boat load of money for himself!

Most feel that the athlete pipe line has been drained under Jean and Juan.

The quid pro quo system that the USAT used to be under. If you don't train with Juan or Jean you wont make the National team or the Olympics.

Many felt the AAU had a better coaching staff...expect to see Jean and Juan as Non paid asst coaches because they have athletes on the team! Also expect to see many of the AAU coaches on the USAT staff.

EXPECT TO SEE THE AAU and the USAT start to work together. AAU rearranged it schedule to cooperate with the USAT.

it is a great time for TKD IN THE USA!!!!
If Juan or Jean are on the coaching staff I'm gonna quit tkd competitions. Totally useless and biased trash who used the usat, its athletes and members to further their careers and those in their stables.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They lost their paid positions but they still have athletes on the team...if they are unable to put athletes on the team in the future then they will be off the staff...I would think! They have lost their ability for unfair advantage...let's see if they still put athletes on the team!

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
They lost their paid positions but they still have athletes on the team...if they are unable to put athletes on the team in the future then they will be off the staff...I would think! They have lost their ability for unfair advantage...let's see if they still put athletes on the team!

Assistant coaches have not been selected yet. Don't think new coach wants old blood.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Depends many people feel like you do!

As they should. The manipulation of our team trials was the most obvious which included everything from judges that were selected to athletes being given wildcards who haven't placed at nationals in years! Then there were the camps, the international players that may or may not have trained with our former coaches and the sheer stupidity of Jean Lopez putting injured siblings in the ring instead of replacements at the London games( which should have led to an immediate dismissal).

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it's a new day. It will take more than just the coach to send the right message for the team and program, but it's an encouraging start that has our attention. I will say that my experiences with Mr. Moreno have always been positive, and I have not worked with Mr. Lopez at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have met and spoken with both former coaches in the past. Juan Moreno is a good coach and former competitor. Unfortunately he used the usat, like Jean did, instead of serving it. He was supposed to be an unbiased coach. I lost all respect for him when he told Charlotte that even though she spent her whole life training for and finally making the Olympic team, she didn't deserve it. What a douchebag.

Latest Discussions