URL Link Test

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know that sometimes things that are on the BBC site are 'locked' for UK consumption only and that, occasionally, we, the British viewers don't necessarily know if a link to a video will work or not for our American friends.

Here is a link to part of the intro to this weeks first ever Indian Grand Prix; let me know if it works or not :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15511263.stm

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, good to know :tup:. Now I know that the links will work for you chaps I can share some more. What I don't yet know is how long the links will stay 'active'. Fingers crossed that the BBC keeps them alive for a good while before they fall out of the archive.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Noooo! I have to pay for this BBC site with my licence fee then why is everyone around the world allowed to access it. I detest BBC policy / management and journalism. I perceive NO impartial journalism nor higher quality than any other global news stations that I view. I have to tune to RT and Al Jazeera to get the full picture of any global news now, even stories about English politics. Yet I am paying so the rest of the world can access for free? Pffft.. Rubbish BBC.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Noooo! I have to pay for this BBC site with my licence fee then why is everyone around the world allowed to access it. I detest BBC policy / management and journalism. I perceive NO impartial journalism nor higher quality than any other global news stations that I view. I have to tune to RT and Al Jazeera to get the full picture of any global news now, even stories about English politics. Yet I am paying so the rest of the world can access for free? Pffft.. Rubbish BBC.

We thank you for your contribution!

www.swr3.de

there, if you click on 'Webradio einschalten' you get free radio the good Germans pay for via fees and taxes! :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We thank you for your contribution!

www.swr3.de

there, if you click on 'Webradio einschalten' you get free radio the good Germans pay for via fees and taxes! :)
Yes and but that is entirely senden in deutsche? That is very inconsiderate of them lol :D Ah no I am not annoyed that anyone can access BBC content only I AM continually annoyed that I have to pay £145 (about $230) per year for the "gift" of receiving BBC whether I want it or not - as does everyone in the UK with a television.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes and but that is entirely senden in deutsche? That is very inconsiderate of them lol :D Ah no I am not annoyed that anyone can access BBC content only I AM continually annoyed that I have to pay £145 (about $230) per year for the "gift" of receiving BBC whether I want it or not - as does everyone in the UK with a television.

Same with my mom. She has to pay her share for the privilege to not watch TV. :)
So you can listen to the radio on her Euro ;) (But since they play mostly music, the German thing is not too annoying :D)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know that sometimes things that are on the BBC site are 'locked' for UK consumption only and that, occasionally, we, the British viewers don't necessarily know if a link to a video will work or not for our American friends.

Here is a link to part of the intro to this weeks first ever Indian Grand Prix; let me know if it works or not :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15511263.stm

Thank you so much for that! I don't vigorously follow F1, but I like auto racing in general and loved watching the clip!

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are most welcome, good lady :bows:. Somewhat inspired by the recent thread about non-MA hobbies, as well as a test to see if the videos embedded in the BBC's pages would play 'abroad', I was also curious to see if there were any fellow petrol-heads here at MT.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thank you for paying my way, Jenna.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are most welcome, good lady :bows:. Somewhat inspired by the recent thread about non-MA hobbies, as well as a test to see if the videos embedded in the BBC's pages would play 'abroad', I was also curious to see if there were any fellow petrol-heads here at MT.

Anytime you want to post about racing or cars in general, I'd be happy to take a look :D

Oh, and more music clips please, you have some very talented friends :)

Latest Discussions