Unsportswoman-like Conduct Amazing video

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe :rolleyes:

[yt]uioMWs7rmFc[/yt]

In this economy.....deffinately. Hit me. It doesn`t cost me anything to file charges with the cops, and it makes a civil suit later much easier. I`m sure I can find a scum-sucking lawyer who`ll take you to court for a percentage. I`d love to own your car, or maybe garnish your wages. Even if it`s not an easily winable case you might be willing to settle to save yourselve the nusiance factor, especially if you were working at the time (or just in a uniform) and I include your boss or your company in the suit. I would have to be an absolute sleezeball to do it, but there are people who make a living out of goading you into hitting them and then sueing.

A guy I worked with got done that way years ago. Some little turd ragged him all evening and when he tried to leave the guy kept following him and giving him crap until my friend finally slugged the guy. Turns out the guy had eight different lawsuits going at the same time with different people. He did this all the time.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In this economy.....deffinately.

I take it you didn't watch the video ;)

No arrests for the off-the-field fight in the stands, either...hence the reason for my comment of "maybe" with an eyeroll.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
How did folks interprete the blow by New Mexico at around 1:15?

The girl is an animal, and either her or her coach should be barred.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
The issue becomes one of being able to figure out who was fighting, who started it, who was defending themselves, etc...the typical dividing line between what is worth the effort and what is not is injury.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I found to be even more depressing than the bad sportsmanship was the reaction in the newspaper from the students from Woonsocket High and Pawtucket Tolman High, as well as their respective police departments.

They don't see Monday's fight as the girls imitating what was going around the internet a few days before, they see it more of a barometer of the increasing fights/violence in the schools -- especially with girls.

Which...is not a good sign. :(

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=51312

Elizabeth Lambert is a soccer player you don't want to mess with. The 20-year old University of New Mexico soccer player was known for pulling hair (thank God I don't have hair), and throwing punches at opposing players. But this time Elizabeth Lambert's act was caught on video against BYU in the semifinals of the Mountain West Conference tournament, and now she's suspended from the team indefinitely.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How did folks interprete the blow by New Mexico at around 1:15?

The girl is an animal, and either her or her coach should be barred.

I don't give the refs a bye on this either. She didn't get penalized until some rough play after that incident.

She's barred indefinitely from the game and may be barred for life.

One thing she won't be able to escape is the internet....anyone googling her name (she'll be applying for jobs in 12-18 months once she graduates) will see what she did on the pitch. That will be a cross she has to bear for a very long time.

Latest Discussions