Universal Pattern

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I vote for "Few-ess"

Hell and I'm canadian If I win that 10 bucks is like 100 up here!!!!

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Rob_Broad

I agree wholeheartedly. Warriorsage did up my logo for me based upon what I was looking for,and then he sent me an amzing decal of it form my car. This is the gut to see about getting your custom stuff done up.

I wouldn't want to walk around with a shirt that says, "I study
kenpo karate" or "I'm learning to kick ***" ... but I wouldn't mind
wearing a shirt that would tell other kenpoists "hey, I'm one of
you" yet no one else knowing what it means. Anyone have any
ideas?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Kirk posted:

"but I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt that would tell other kenpoists "hey, I'm one of you" yet no one else knowing what it means. Anyone have any ideas?"

How about the design that Ricardo suggested that started this whole topic? A t-shirt with the universal pattern done large centered on the front, or a bit more understated, done over the left breast. Black with white print would be spiffy, or black with a silver print. Anyone unfamiliar with kenpo would not understand the reference.

Lamont

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Blindside

Kirk posted:

"but I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt that would tell other kenpoists "hey, I'm one of you" yet no one else knowing what it means. Anyone have any ideas?"

How about the design that Ricardo suggested that started this whole topic? A t-shirt with the universal pattern done large centered on the front, or a bit more understated, done over the left breast. Black with white print would be spiffy, or black with a silver print. Anyone unfamiliar with kenpo would not understand the reference.

Lamont

I love the suggestion. It was a great idea when Ricardo
suggested it, and it's still a great idea. Just I was kind of hoping
I could maybe start a business of, doing something like this.
I dunno, novelty items and the like .. save enough coin to sponsor
a kenpo camp or something. Most are suggesting that any use
of the universal symbol should be for myself, instead of producing
them for market. The tooling cost of getting the universal
pattern on 1 shirt is a bit pricey ... on 100 shirts that sell ... it's
dirt cheap.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Kirk

How rude was that?!??!?

Here's the first thing that came to me in my moment of HIGH shock, and the beginnings of low rage. ... I'm a potential studio owner. It's a current dream of mine to advance enough to own
my own school .. be it part time or full time.

On 1 hand there's Mr Conaster going
"hey, as soon as you're ready, and qualified, my organization will do what it can help get you started." (TO A LOWLY YELLOW BELT)

And on the other hand, there's Mrs. Parker going
"K.M.A!!!!!!!!!"

Well, thanks for steering me in the right direction for when the
time comes, Ma'am! :D [/B]

Kirk, I'd like to put my 2 cents in here.
I originally wasn't going to comment on your conversation with Mrs. Parker, but a good friend pointed out that as a friend of Ed Parker Jr's, I should have, and I regret my delay.

Please don't have a bad impression on Mrs. Parker. You have to remember that this lady is in her late 60's at least. As a person gets older they don't have the patience they might have had at one point in life. Plus you have to remember health is also an issue, please give her the benefit of the doubt. Also the respect of who she is.

You of course are allowed your own opinion on the matter. I just wanted you to know that there is always a reason behind an action.

dot :asian:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by KenpoGirl

Kirk, I'd like to put my 2 cents in here.
I originally wasn't going to comment on your conversation with Mrs. Parker, but a good friend pointed out that as a friend of Ed Parker Jr's, I should have, and I regret my delay.

Please don't have a bad impression on Mrs. Parker. You have to remember that this lady is in her late 60's at least. As a person gets older they don't have the patience they might have had at one point in life. Plus you have to remember health is also an issue, please give her the benefit of the doubt. Also the respect of who she is.

You of course are allowed your own opinion on the matter. I just wanted you to know that there is always a reason behind an action.

No problem the matter's been dropped. I just kind of had my
hopes up.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Kirk

No problem the matter's been dropped. I just kind of had my
hopes up.

:mad: Not so fast, I still want tmy Universal pattern shirt!

OP
D

daniel_r

Ive seen quite a few tshirts, sweatshirts etc etc with the pattern on... normally at Kenpo Competitions my sisters bought a couple at the last one we were at

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So can we use the Universal Pattern or not? Or does it really matter as long as it is for the school and not for publication?

Michael:confused:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Then Call me....... 480-483-0709:asian:

I did ... no answer! :waah: :waah: :idunno:

Latest Discussions