Um, Sterwardess? Clean shorts please!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Scary but ultimately not hazardous - I know that sounds insane, especially looking as spectacular as it did, but without a path to earth you are perfectly safe.

Planes get struck by lightning on a regular basis, it just doesn't normally happen so close to take-off whilst on camera :lol:.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You cant get "zapped" unless you are grounded. Hang from a high tension line and you are fine. Have some "good samaritan" Try and get you down with a pole and ZZZAAAPPP!!!

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This sort of thing however will ruin your whole day:

http://www.komar.org/christmas/faq/exploding_transformer.html

Ever since she's seen this, my missus frets herself silly everytime I go on site.
You have one of those wives too? Mine gets antsy everytime the weather gets icy. Good to be loved, huh?

Yeah, I know that grounding is needed for there to be an actual electrocution but, man, can you imagine being in the plane when it hit?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:eek: - you make me blush, sir, for my deeply loving missus is what is colloquialy termed a Common Law Wife i.e. we live together but, as yet, no rings and ceremony.

As she doesn't visit here tho' I can say that that will change shortly as I have now saved enough to get a ring that won't embarass me.

Now I just have to find the right occaison ...

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is very good news, indeed! I wish you the absolute best of luck in your endeavor. It really surprised me when I proposed to Erica how very much my insides felt like I was in a fight/flight situation. I truly believe that when a man proposes to a woman the brain releases the same chemicals that it releases in a self defense situation!:)

Latest Discussions