A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The ONLY reason that dana wont kick him off is ratings, ratings, ratings. Otherwise, he would been off immediately. Junie sucks and if i could help it, i would not watch the shows just so that dana would see the ratings and kick him off anyway. he is always talking about how mma fighters need to act. ridiculous.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I so wanted Junie to get beat down by the "two hour bjj bb". At least skinny dude took him to a split decision after the "sudden victory" round. Neither looked very impressive.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was a VERY disappointing fight. can't say I'm impressed by either of those guys.

Look like crystoph might get picked next week though...I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got in the cage.

Peace,
Erik

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
So, someone tell me about the Junie fight? Did he win? Junie is from my home town and he actually fights pretty darn good. He just has a crapy attitude. He's been seen at some bars around town getting smashed. Definitely not the imagew you want to portray as a professional athlete.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Junie went in claiming he was gonna knock Delgado (I think that was his name) out in the first round. It was clear that Junie was the more powerful striker...but he spent a LOT of the first round clowning. Inviting delgado to hit him and letting him without retaliation. Delgado clearly didn;t have the striking power to rock Junie...but he was successfula t staying to the outside and out boxing him. He had no success in taking Junie to the ground, anytime he got there Junie just waited until they were stood up again.

In the second round Junie started throwing bombs. Delgado got rocked but wouldn;t go down. it went to a third round that was lackluster by both guys. Junie was exhausted, but Delgado didn't have the power/skill to knock out Junie. Junie won by split decision.

End result, Delgado showed me nothing in the way of having the tehcnique skill to win at the elite level. Neither did Junie. he ahd chances to finsih the fight and couldn't. he's a hard guy, but way to unpredictable...I don;t see him having the discipline and focus to go far.

Peace,
Erik

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The ONLY reason that dana wont kick him off is ratings, ratings, ratings. Otherwise, he would been off immediately. Junie sucks and if i could help it, i would not watch the shows just so that dana would see the ratings and kick him off anyway. he is always talking about how mma fighters need to act. ridiculous.

I am in total agreement on you with this.

lol@ "if i could help it.."

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have not seen Junie fight but everyone at the gym he trains at here says he's an awesome fighter. Like I said I have yet to seehim fight or train. My friend owns the school where Junie trains at and I can't believe he let Junie go on national t.v. and represent his school that way. It makes me want to puke when I see this guy pull the stunts that he has pull. I would have taken legal action on the guy if he had cut me and Dana White would have had to like it or lump it as they say. Imagine if it had cut the dudes artery or a main vien?

I think Junie is a good fighter but as a person he sucks. I also think he needs to grow up a lot more before he goes on to fame because it will only be worse. Just my thought on it.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I so wanted Junie to get beat down by the "two hour bjj bb". At least skinny dude took him to a split decision after the "sudden victory" round. Neither looked very impressive.

Split decision for the final round.

My notes show they both did not "win" the round.

But, Team Mir did a better job on the side of yelling and making noise at the right times so it seemed like it may have been more one sided.

It came down to a split for the final round.

This means one voted for each and the third for Junie. He one by one point in a very poor showing.

He is a jerk.

He needs to understand that people have given him chances.

I would have preferred for Dana to get rid of him and to bring back someone who has lost but at least followed the rules of the sport and did not jump into the ring and challenge a fighter who just won. Who did not endanger others with broken glass, I mean if he had ended another fighters chance to fight. He should be off the show as he is dangerous. He should not be there while others would be grateful for the chance.

If the promoters read this understand I fast forward through the Junie parts and even most of the others talking to just the fight. I do not see the commercials nor the well placed endorsements through the show. I prefer to boycott that way. I hope they understand.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Damn, I've met Roli Delgado a few times at some fight shows. Really cool guy and a legit BJJ black belt. You could even watch his blackbelt test on line at one point.

Why on earth he wanted to stand and trade instead of showing his groundgame I have no idea.

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
TUF is the way it is because it is a reality show first, then a UFC event second. That was the best way Dana White could get UFC to a mainstream audience. I personally could live without reality shows as a whole...the only reality show I watch is Cops....but unless the rest of America wises up to the mind-numbing qualities of craptacular television, I'm afraid we're stuck with having to wait for Junie to talk his trash to see any action.

Unless, of course, you have a DVR....makes the world easier. :D

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn, I've met Roli Delgado a few times at some fight shows. Really cool guy and a legit BJJ black belt. You could even watch his blackbelt test on line at one point.

Why on earth he wanted to stand and trade instead of showing his groundgame I have no idea.

He wanted to go to the ground but coudln't get Junie down. When he did go to hsi back Junie just stood there kicking his legs until the ref stood them back up. Standing and trading wasn't exactly his decision.

Peace,
Erik

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
btw, junie did NOT impress me at all, he wasnt that good. He picked the weakest link to fight first, and went 3 rounds with him. Roli didnt even learn stand up till right before the fight and outpointed him in 1 round.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just got caught up on the repeats. I saw the first episode, and missed the others the first time around. Wow, what a steaming pile of d-baggery Junie Browning is. He has no class. He was really impressive as a fighter in the first episode, but by the time his fight with Delgado came around I was hoping he'd get his head knocked off. Seems like they have a really undisciplined bunch this year.