Ufc vs. Pride

achilles95

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Seen a bit of rivalry here, especially on youtube. What's your opinion and why?

Both are good, and now have the same owners.

Pride has had the strongest heavyweights by far, in other weight divisions I don't think the UFC is probably stronger, but Pride was able to maintain the illusion of being stronger for a long time.

I enjoy both. I have a few Pride fights on DVD/tape and enjoy watching them. I follow the UFC a bit more though.

I like both, however, I lean towards the cage rather than the ropes. I see too much down time in Pride, readjusting away from the ropes. Although there is an argument against the cage and possible advantages of working within it. As far as the fighters, I see it more as which arena they are fighting within. Overall the fighting is very similar, the biggest difference to me is the 10 minute round in Pride. I've seen more than a couple UFC fighters gas during that first round, in fact, one fight that Ken Shamrock threw in the towel from mere exhaustion.
Again, I like both, they have their advantages and disadvantages.

I like both, however, I lean towards the cage rather than the ropes. I see too much down time in Pride, readjusting away from the ropes. Although there is an argument against the cage and possible advantages of working within it. As far as the fighters, I see it more as which arena they are fighting within. Overall the fighting is very similar, the biggest difference to me is the 10 minute round in Pride. I've seen more than a couple UFC fighters gas during that first round, in fact, one fight that Ken Shamrock threw in the towel from mere exhaustion.
Again, I like both, they have their advantages and disadvantages.

I second that.

It is fun to just watch different organizations athletes. So the more the merrier.
icon6.gif

This so called rivalry is getting out of hand. Extreme fans on both side are insulting fighters who don't fight for their league. I mean seriously fans like that are a disgrace to the MMA fanbase.

Latest Discussions

Back