[dmv]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/aX7V4aZeJD1H36j55[/dmv]

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Full Results:

-Chuck Liddell def. Tito Ortiz by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 3:59 of Round 3

-Keith Jardine def. Forrest Griffin by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 4:41 of Round 1

-Jason MacDonald def. Chris Leben by technical submission (choked unconscious with a guillotine choke) at 4:03 of Round 2

-Andrei Arlovski def. Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz by KO (strikes on the ground) at 3:15 of Round 1

-Michael Bisping def. Eric Schafer by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 4:24 of Round 1

-Thiago Alves def. Tony DeSouza by KO at 1:10 of Round 2

-Gabriel Gonzaga def. Carmelo Marrero by submission (armbar) at 3:22 of Round 1

-Yushin Okami def. Rory Singer by submission (strikes) at 4:03 of Round 3

-Christian Wellisch def. Anthony Perosh by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw the fights thanks to my friend Ian and his family.

I enjoyed the company of other good friends as well.

The fights were good.

I enjoyed it. :)

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, and thanks Andrew for the fights, some of the original details were lost in a fog of Sam Adams and Newcastle :)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like Arlovski as a fighter, but I think the way he won against Cruz was a little cheap. That punch right after the ref warned him looked like it really hurt him. Anyway, I hope they rematch.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like Arlovski as a fighter, but I think the way he won against Cruz was a little cheap. That punch right after the ref warned him looked like it really hurt him. Anyway, I hope they rematch.

I thought the same thing, but if you watch the fight again and watch Cruz, and see that when he sits up his intention is to go for the leg of his opponent. They each had a plan. I think one was executed better than the other though.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score

forget about the punch. Cruz was going for a leg submission right before the punch occurred. What about how Arlovski clearly was holding on to the cage to prevent Cruz from rolling over to do the rolling knee bar? That was way worse than the punch in my opinion. Clear violation of the rules for holding on to the cage, plus he got warned for it earlier in the fight.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jardine put on a great show. Excellent punching power, especially if it can put down Forrest Griffen.

Nice to see that Griffen didn't have any excuses when they gave that (very) quick interview, and that he did summarize it very well in the profane, one sentence, remark.

Ortiz had his chances, but Chuck is quite good at sprawling, and isn't a slouch in the physical strength department either. I gained even more respect for Tito after the fight, when he acknowledged that he gave it his best, and that Chuck still came out on top. Even more kudos to his appreciation for the folks in the military.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crap, the videos are gone. I was going to watch the Arlovski one again to see what you guys were talking about. I thought the punch was great, you should never let your guard down, never. He was going for a technique and simply lost his own guard....Arlovski simply took advantage of it...as I remember it through the haze of Shiner :)

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Crap, the videos are gone. I was going to watch the Arlovski one again to see what you guys were talking about. I thought the punch was great, you should never let your guard down, never. He was going for a technique and simply lost his own guard....Arlovski simply took advantage of it...as I remember it through the haze of Shiner :)

I taped the fight and replayed it. Arlovski is clearly holding the cage to prevent Cruz from doing the rolling kneebar.

DMartialArtist

White Belt
Reaction score
honestly UFC is ok but its not the best i mean if someone like jet li got into the ring with him he could kick all of their butts

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
honestly UFC is ok but its not the best i mean if someone like jet li got into the ring with him he could kick all of their butts

Your behind on the times, he did, and won.

They used the footage in Cradle to the Grave.

Now some people may tell you that it was staged, but don't buy it. They're just trying to save face. That clip of him stating that he is not a fighter when asked about it, faked.

Aliens built the pyramids.

Elvis is still alive.

JFK was assasinated by the CIA.

No one has ever walked on the moon.

and my parents where eaten by the Loch Ness monster.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was really impressed with Tito's response at the end. Man it's a world apart from when Randy smacked his *** and he stomped around the ring like a spoilt child. Tito's all growed up.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score

The ref wanted to stand them up because of arlovskis attempted kick to the face. Cruz didn't want to and there was a second or 2 between the restart and the hit and what a hit it was so alls fair I believe.

Cheers

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The ref wanted to stand them up because of arlovskis attempted kick to the face. Cruz didn't want to and there was a second or 2 between the restart and the hit and what a hit it was so alls fair I believe.

Cheers
An outsiders question. Why stop the kick to the face. If he were standing i believe a shin kick to the face would be legal and on the ground you can hold a man down and punch him in the face repeatedly. so why would kicking a man in the face who was sitting and at little risk of serious injury be illegal?

thanks,

Jeff

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
An outsiders question. Why stop the kick to the face. If he were standing i believe a shin kick to the face would be legal and on the ground you can hold a man down and punch him in the face repeatedly. so why would kicking a man in the face who was sitting and at little risk of serious injury be illegal?

thanks,

Jeff

It just is in the rules that you cant kick a downed opponent in the head so I'm assuming that includes even if both opponents are on the ground

Cheers

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

thanks,

Jeff

My thoughts exactly, even though it's in the rules it's a little...off to say the least.

Latest Discussions