Tuf 10

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wouldn't even say it's a strategy. It seemed more like a tactic to make the people he caught in the crucifix look as bad as possible.

It's kinda funny that a ref'll call the fight during that, (rather than standing them up even thought basically nothing is happening) but will let Jones pound on Hamil with every elbow strike under the sun for years before he does anything. (And then it's a bizarre DQ.)

The Slice fight was pathetic. 2:30 of circling? Deep stuff there.

Nelson's crucifix - He admitted that he tries to make it look bad in an earlier episode, even so far as to have his corner count the strikes as they land in an attempt to influence the ref and judges.

Jones/Hamil - What other outcome should be expected when an illegal strike ends the fight?

Slice/Alexander - The circling ended up hurting Alexander, it gave the refs a reason to give company's heavily promoted Slice the first round. Apparently Alexander wanted to win the fight by sniping the knee, not put on a toe-to-toe show for Dana and the fans. At least we finally got to Slice win a fight.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Houston's game plan was terrible as if he really went at Kimbo he would probably win. He has heavy hands too so why not go for it!

Roy Nelson did his thing and that was that. Brando has lot's of potential but Roy is simply better at this point. Dana had better get used to Roy as he has enough skill to be competitive in the UFC.

What is really upsetting is Jones DQ.
icon8.gif
I thought it should have been stopped four or five blows before the elbow point shot. The referee really blew that one. Hamil was pathetic and Jones really took it to him.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston's game plan was terrible as if he really went at Kimbo he would probably win. He has heavy hands too so why not go for it!

Roy Nelson did his thing and that was that. Brando has lot's of potential but Roy is simply better at this point. Dana had better get used to Roy as he has enough skill to be competitive in the UFC.

What is really upsetting is Jones DQ.
icon8.gif
I thought it should have been stopped four or five blows before the elbow point shot. The referee really blew that one. Hamil was pathetic and Jones really took it to him.
Jones was DQed per the rules -- but I agree, too, that the ref had every reason to stop it before he threw those two vertical elbow spikes, too. Jones was even looking the ref, almost like "what've I gotta do?"

Kimbo? Didn't wow me. His ground game improved, but it didn't really look like Alexander was fighting very hard either. I can't help but be suspicious. Too many stories about Kimbo Slice getting special treatment throughout...

Nelson.... Beautiful KO. He took advantage of a huge hole, and made sure there'd be no argument about the winner. But, y'know, I've got a fair chunk of weight that I could stand to lose. Then again, I'm NOT a professional fighter. My job ain't training. I'm not saying he's gotta be ripped like a body builder... but if he dropped about 20 or so pounds, I bet he'd fight better.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jones/Hamil - What other outcome should be expected when an illegal strike ends the fight?

Hamil wasn't really defending himself for a long time before that illegal strike came out. The fight should've been stopped before that was an issue. They weren't even going to DQ him until it was clear that Hamil wasn't going to be able to continue. Terrible reffing on Mazagatti's part.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hamil wasn't really defending himself for a long time before that illegal strike came out. The fight should've been stopped before that was an issue. They weren't even going to DQ him until it was clear that Hamil wasn't going to be able to continue. Terrible reffing on Mazagatti's part.

It is also my opinion that the fight should have been stopped before the illegal strikes were thrown. It wasn't. There wouldn't be a reason for the DQ if Hamil were able to continue.

I got the feeling in the post fight interview that Hamil didn't realize Jones was DQ'd. He even admitted he couldn't really defend himself because of his injured arm.

Latest Discussions