Training in your sleep...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've had dreams in which I have had to defend myself, and even kill people. In the dream, they have almost always been people who were attacking me and deserved what they got. But I've killed them bare-handed, with knives, guns, and crossbows. It's a little disturbing when I think about it, but I guess what happens in dreams is ok, as it can be a cathartic release of tensions and frustrations that build up during the waking hours. At least these things don't get acted out for real.

I haven't had any of these kinds of dreams for several years, just for the record...

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I dreamt that my boyfriend and I went to class, but this class was different. It changed location, and was in a building the size of a small gym. The strangest part was when we went in- all of the sudden ther were 2 different styles, 2 different teachers, etc. going on at the same time, no barrier separating the 2 classes. My boyfriend kept wanting to go and visit the other class, and they were trying to talk us into joining them. I kept saying no. When it came time for us to do forms, everyone in our class went to a smaller room, this time. Every time I would try to begin my form someone would always get in my way, interrupting me.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This thread seems to have become almost a "What did you dream last night" thread...Which is pretty cool. I'll go with that.

Last night I dreamt that I was on my way to a client's office. I stopped in at a gas station bathroom but, looking in the mirror, noticed my hair had grown out past my shoulders.

Worse, it was stringy and unkept. I tried to wash my hair in the sink of the gas station bathroom using the pink soap from the wall dispenser.

It was making quite a mess. Other guys kept coming in and staring at me. But, I finished successfully and went on to my appointment.

Weird.

What did you dream last night?

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Navarre said:

Don't Hijack this thread.

this would be a fun thread, go start it in the bar and grill.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Navarre said:
This thread seems to have become almost a "What did you dream last night" thread...Which is pretty cool. I'll go with that.

Last night I dreamt that I was on my way to a client's office. I stopped in at a gas station bathroom but, looking in the mirror, noticed my hair had grown out past my shoulders.

Worse, it was stringy and unkept. I tried to wash my hair in the sink of the gas station bathroom using the pink soap from the wall dispenser.

It was making quite a mess. Other guys kept coming in and staring at me. But, I finished successfully and went on to my appointment.

Weird.

So how did your dream relate to training?

- Ceicei

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
So how did your dream relate to training?

It didn't. I deviated from the thread for some reason. It's one in a long list of offenses commited today.

I don't even know why I posted it. I think I'm having a cerebral anuerism and just don't know it. Sorry. (still Word of the Day)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, Ceicei. That's the thread I was referring to.

I hadn't bothered to search it out. Thanks for the help.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ive had those dreams too... Ive discovered recently that if I sleep in front of the TV with it on, I will dream what is playing... so I am consideing sleeping in front of Training DVDs and seeing if I can improve in my sleep.

LOL

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
so I am considering sleeping in front of Training DVDs and seeing if I can improve in my sleep.

I thought I was the guy with the Neo avatar? lol

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Ive had those dreams too... Ive discovered recently that if I sleep in front of the TV with it on, I will dream what is playing... so I am consideing sleeping in front of Training DVDs and seeing if I can improve in my sleep.

LOL

Let us know how that works for you! :wink:

- Ceicei

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Navarre said:
It didn't. I deviated from the thread for some reason. It's one in a long list of offenses commited today.

I don't even know why I posted it. I think I'm having a cerebral anuerism and just don't know it. Sorry. (still Word of the Day)

Just blame it on being sick, or something. Who'll really know? Even if there's someone on here in one of your classes, you can say you took cold medicine and feel lots better ;) !

Latest Discussions