MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Full Article

1. Providence, R.I.
2. Los Angeles, Calif.
3. Riverside, Calif.
4. Tampa, Fla.
5. Buffalo, N.Y.

I saw this, and did not want to through more mud onto Bob. But I found their numbers difficult to see the complete picture. Detroit Metro with 13.2% unemployment does not count those no longer able to collect unemployment.

I was in a Taco Bell the other day, they were interviewing. Two interviews occurred while I was there. The first had to get her Birth Certificate and proof of citizenship as well as bring in copies of proof of graduation from HS. The second was similar, but they needed to have proof of their college courses even though they had not graduated.

People are asking for proof as if everyone is lying about citizenship and education qualification.

I also talked to a friend of a friend while out for a birthday party and they stated that they were let go, and as the company did not show proof of documented poor performance they contested unemployment was approved for those who lost the job.

So are the unemployed who are poor performers not counted or not?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was in a McD the other day and the kids being interviewed were being grilled. It literally sounded like an interrogation was going on. Buffalo's ridding out the recession with minimal damage, because Buffalo really never had the boom that's crashing. Remember, WNY is an 19th century mindset, and stuck there.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live in Buffalo. That's why I put up the "help me escape from NY thread". :D

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw this, and did not want to through more mud onto Bob. But I found their numbers difficult to see the complete picture. Detroit Metro with 13.2% unemployment does not count those no longer able to collect unemployment.

I was in a Taco Bell the other day, they were interviewing. Two interviews occurred while I was there. The first had to get her Birth Certificate and proof of citizenship as well as bring in copies of proof of graduation from HS. The second was similar, but they needed to have proof of their college courses even though they had not graduated.

People are asking for proof as if everyone is lying about citizenship and education qualification.

I also talked to a friend of a friend while out for a birthday party and they stated that they were let go, and as the company did not show proof of documented poor performance they contested unemployment was approved for those who lost the job.

So are the unemployed who are poor performers not counted or not?

Those are good points Rich. I have always wondered what the breakdown of unemployed people were. While the media likes to paint the "poor everyman, with the house, family and picket fence suddenly down on his luck..." they convienently leave out the "poor performers" as you accurately phrased it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You only count as Unemployed if you are registered. Once your unemployment runs out, you don't count, even though you might not have found a job yet.

Latest Discussions