Top 10 Ninja Myths

l_uk3y

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lol. I've never heard the one about Pirates vs Ninjas. My vote goes to the Ninjas winning. Big old Boat in the middle of the ocean. Dark, lots of hiding places. Be perfect for the Ninja to take out all pirates without being seen.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay, I know that this was all in fun and all, but it really wasn't that impressive in terms of the myths out there.... where was the jumping backwards up 30 feet into a tree?

Oh, and in terms of the Pirate/Ninja connection, that I feel can be traced to a couple of things. For one thing, the Kukishin Ryu has a very well-documented history with the Japanese Navy, and a number of aspects of it's methods are said to date from use on ships. The Fuma Ryu (not the modern, er, "version", but the original, genuine one) by the end of it's existence was said to have been reduced to being a group of pirates inhabiting Japan's Inland Sea.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
I avoid the smoke bombs. Once you get to a certain age, it's more dust than smoke.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that this quote sums up the whole list.

Furthermore, simple tools like squeezing nipples can also render an offender defenseless in seconds

Hmmm....

what about the whole myth of the "ninja sword" that was never used?

Latest Discussions