Switching Schools

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a question for you long-timers in the ninjutsu organizations.

I know there is a lot of politics regarding cross-training in the organizations. However, what are the attitudes of one who wishes to leave an organization to train with another?

I'm sure it could perhaps vary to student reasons and instructor. But let's say I were to move, and could no longer find a dojo for my affiliated organization and had to join one of the other x-kans, and in full respect (including starting over at 10th kyu), would that be by and large acceptable?

I only say this in curiosity as I am at a point in my career where I may be having to move, and I don't know where yet, or perhaps what might be available to me (as far as ninjutsu dojos).

It's late, and I may have stated my point in error, so I will try to clarify upon a more rested mind later if necessary. Thanks in advance!

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not an old timer, but I can tell you what I have observed (I am in Genbukan btw). If you switch in full respect as you say, and make mention of your reasons to switch, then I think that you will not be turned away from any of the kans. Even if you then want to switch back a couple of years later if you move again, then I think it won't be a problem.

As long as the change is triggered by practical circumstances like moving and not political or or other issues, chances are noone will really mind.

I know of a number of people who have changed from Genbukan|Bujinkan|Jinenkan to Genbukan|Bujinkan|Jinenkan without a problem.

Latest Discussions