To all you americans!

OP
B

breeno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
AFL is not the only game we play in Oz , in New South Wales and Queensland we play Rugby League which is faster and a lot more free flowing than Rugby Union .

Its a brutal game , with some big hits and the rules are a probably a bit easier for Americans to understand than AFL .
The main objective is to run across the line with the ball with out being tackled and make a try.

Yeah good game is League, I prefer union though TBH, although I enjoy sitting down and watching a league match.

Last edited by a moderator:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, if Australians could hit harder, they would wear pads too?

They would have to or there wouldbe no players left. Imagine a 300+lbs guy running at 4.5 40yrd speeds hitting a guy with no protective gear. Not gonna be pretty.

They havn't got as big a body as most of the NFL players as the sport requires them to be pretty nimble aswell. The main aim of it is to tackle a player with the ball, not to bump him. Most hits in the AFL usually come from a big forward trying to take a mark, and cleaning up several small guys in the process.

Trust me, the guys in college and pro football are pretty darn nimble. And big. And fast. And brutally strong. And can be flat out nasty.

OP
B

breeno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Trust me, the guys in college and pro football are pretty darn nimble. And big. And fast. And brutally strong. And can be flat out nasty.

It's not such consistent running though is it?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to watch Australian Football. It was ok when there was no foot ball on for the season.

As to "football" or Soccor, I know a lot of people are getting into this and playing and watching the English and European and even Central American Leagues, but I have the same issue I have with all sports. There is a limited amount of time for me to spend on this type of distraction, so I cannot spend all my time learning a new sport and many new cultures for it as well and the people involved. Heck I do not do that for Football and Hockey.

I really like Hockey. Any Sport that has two blades a stick and a fight going on has just got to be great. (* Yes, this is FMA humor *)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I really like Hockey. Any Sport that has two blades a stick and a fight going on has just got to be great. (* Yes, this is FMA humor *)

I like lacrosse more. What's the point in having a stick if you're not allowed to hit the other guy with it???

Hockey=Lacrosse for figure skaters....:lol:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like lacrosse more. What's the point in having a stick if you're not allowed to hit the other guy with it???

Hockey=Lacrosse for figure skaters....:lol:

I have the blades not on my feet. ;)

As to LaCrosse, I like that sport as well. One should be able to use the weapon in hand. :D

Latest Discussions