TKD would be reccomender for girls... Right...

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I mean... broader hips, more mobility... seems like they're better off with kicking than an average male. ( + they won't expose same weackness liek us when kicking high)... TKD has punches but they seem fairly light to me ... more liek speed-dependant rather than force... Wich emphasize the smaller built of an average woman/girl.
also.... there was this girl at a local kickboxing gym... she's a beast... a blonde,gorgeus beatyful beast with legs of steel... she kicks the hell of the guys... she doesnt even punch that much...

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't want to generalize either, but as I recall it is generally believed that men and women may be physiologically different from one another. Personally, I think I need to collect more empirical evidence to confirm such a hypothesis.

That having been said...I do notice that the women at our school generally tend to be more limber than the men. They can generally kick higher with less training. I don't know that they tend to kick any faster though. The upshot is that for demo routines they can perform some really nice kicks, but I haven't noticed any advantage in sparring. I suspect there would need to be a gender-specific difference in kicking speed, not limberness, to see a sparring advantage.

Leo89

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
TKD is for everyone, plus you can punch with power as well.

Not to mention, a woman's weakness is right on her chest, all you'd have to do is break the distance and punch her in the breasts.

I smell a troll.

Last edited:

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TKD has punches but they seem fairly light to me ... more liek speed-dependant rather than force...
Ummmm....are you aware of how force is generated? It's basic physics.

units1.jpg

The faster your hands move, the more force you create. The mass of your hands is a constant if you standing still. If you are moving and you hit the correct foot and hand timing, then you will have mass equal to your body weight. But the key is still the speed of the hands.

When you say that TKD punches are light because they are fast, it sounds to me like you might need to go back and work on your basis. A lot.

OP
Zephyor

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ummmm....are you aware of how force is generated? It's basic physics.

units1.jpg

The faster your hands move, the more force you create. The mass of your hands is a constant if you standing still. If you are moving and you hit the correct foot and hand timing, then you will have mass equal to your body weight. But the key is still the speed of the hands.

When you say that TKD punches are light because they are fast, it sounds to me like you might need to go back and work on your basis. A lot.

A boxer and a tkd practritioner, both same height, same weight , same level of preparment walk into a bar... they trade punches... who will get KO'd !? we know the answer... I wasn't talking about the net force of the tkd punch, but the damage it inflicts. TKD punch vs a boxer's cross ^.^

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A boxer and a tkd practritioner, both same height, same weight , same level of preparment walk into a bar... they trade punches... who will get KO'd !? we know the answer... I wasn't talking about the net force of the tkd punch, but the damage it inflicts. TKD punch vs a boxer's cross ^.^
Now let them trade kicks.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and punch her in the breasts.

Mmm, do that to me sunshine and you'll wish you'd never been born, it's doesn't hurt nearly as much as you think it does and just serves to make a woman want to really hurt you for being a muppet.

Perhaps the troll you smell is nearer to you than you think.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who wins? The police of course because anyone stupid enough to go trading blows in a bar deserves locking up for that stupidity. There's is no such word as 'preparment' btw.
I've seen good and bad punches in both boxing and TKD, good punches are just that, good punches, doesn't make any difference which style.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Women do tend to be more flexible. Just like how men's bodies produce more testosterone, which allows them to build muscle more easily, women's bodies produce more of a hormone called relaxin (I'm not making that up, it's really the name) which allows the connective tissue to stretch and become flexible more easily. This is essential for women because our bodies have to do a lot of rearranging during pregnancy and childbirth.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TKD is for everyone, plus you can punch with power as well.

Not to mention, a woman's weakness is right on her chest, all you'd have to do is break the distance and punch her in the breasts.

I smell a troll.

No. They're really not that sensitive in that way, not more so than, say, your face. Plus, in TKD, you wear a chest protector when you spar, at least if you're doing KKW/WTF sparring.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A woman's weakness is often the unwillingness to beat someone up because they know they will be left to wash the blood off the floor and the furniture. That's not my weakness, I can afford a cleaner. :p

Leo89

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mmm, do that to me sunshine and you'll wish you'd never been born, it's doesn't hurt nearly as much as you think it does and just serves to make a woman want to really hurt you for being a muppet.

Perhaps the troll you smell is nearer to you than you think.
Yeah, if I did that to you, you'd be bent over in pain, wishing you'd never been born either. Calm down keyboard warrior. :D

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, if I did that to you, you'd be bent over in pain, wishing you'd never been born either. Calm down keyboard warrior. :D
I think her comment was really meant to point out that perhaps you don't have the greatest understanding of female anatomy. So...the comment you had made was just rather...off.

D

Dylan9d

@Leo89 , I see you are in the States and it's always easy to talk crap with alot of water in between......just saying.

I have sparred with women that maybe didn't had the strenght as men but sure as hell had more fighting spirit than most men......

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Keyboard warrior, oooh get you ducky! For someone who can't say breasts you are rather chirpy about your opinions, never mind, aging usually sorts that out.
As you have already been told being punched in the chest ( I will respect your sensibilities and not call them breasts) doesn't hurt anymore than being punched in the face, and that depends on how well you punch. Underestimating any opponent/attacker on grounds of gender/size/ height etc is a grave mistake, take them all seriously and fight accordingly... unless it's a Gurkha then run for your life. I would not for example think a man's weakness is his genitals because I have fought enough men to know that they will take a fighting stance or other that protects them. ( if you have ever been in the military you will also know that when asleep in the back of the guardroom on guard duty soldiers for example will all sleep with one hand down their trousers to 'protect' this vital part of their anatomy, it's so endearing ;)) I also know that if hit in this area ( don't want to say in knackers, you might blush) men most often don't fall down in a heap, they get mad and fight harder.
Now, brush up on your anatomy, your gf will appreciate it, you can be a much better lover AND fighter then.

Latest Discussions