Thanks for the Previous Advice

ATAStudent83

White Belt
Reaction score
Since my first Post I have been doing KKW Taekwando for almost a month and haven't looked back. The recommended program is 2 days a week and every 12 weeks you test for a new belt until you move to the advanced class at purple. I go 4 days week and would go more If they were open. Ive picked up Taeguek il Jang very quickly. There has been talk that if I continue showing my level of effort that I will be permitted to test for yellow early and Orange at the normal test date. Still a long road as you need to be there a minimum of 4 years before you can test for 1st Dan KKW. So glad I checked them out prior to just going with ATA

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe a username change is in order? ;-)

Seriously though, if you have any questions about Kukkiwon or Kukkiwon Taekwondo that you think of away from the dojang or for any reason feel embarrassed to ask, please feel free to ask them here. Glad you're enjoying your new dojang.

OP
A

ATAStudent83

White Belt
Reaction score
I thought the same thing myself but I haven't figured out how to change my username without creating a new account

OP
A

ATAStudent83

White Belt
Reaction score
To be honest I used to have real bad anxiety attacks but since I started taekwando they have been non existent. I have found the forms to be very calming

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest I used to have real bad anxiety attacks but since I started taekwando they have been non existent. I have found the forms to be very calming
I'm always amazed at how many benefits there are from studying martial arts, whether it's TMA or something newer. I'm glad you found a side benefit so...well, beneficial to you.

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I find also that they seem to exercise a part of my brain that I don't normally use. I've always been a visual learner, with poor kinesthetic memory -- so this stuff doesn't come naturally to me at all. I feel like my kinesthetic memory is improving now, even outside the context of taekwondo.