Tips for kicking around a guard

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think that's your difficulty right there, brother.

Like I said, I'm not worried about him yet. I need to defeat the mini-bosses and trash mobs (sorry, non-epic dropping but equally interesting encounters) before I get to the dragon.

sangchae

White Belt
Reaction score
I had a fight where as we came onto the mat the opponents coach asked if we could have no head contact, so I said OK. I'd never had that request before. At the end of the last round the opponent was tired and effectively just covered up, head tucked in, and was waiting for the bell to ring. I kicked his arms a lot, and down low on his torso under his arms, and to the sides but got no-where. I was frustrated and not thinking, and not being able to go to the head meant he could cover up pretty well. Then I suddenly realised he wouldn't even see a front kick coming he was so covered up, so did one low to his abdomen which bent him over and straight away another to his sternum. At that one he went back and his arms flew out so he was opened up. So I think the key is if it's not working don't get frustrated (as I did) and keep bashing the same thing. Move him around and try different angles, different techniques..

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
If your opponent has their guard up then you need to force them to change. Move around, circle around to their blind spots. Force them to react to you and keep using multiple combos so that they cannot anticipate your next move.

Latest Discussions