Tiny needles-big results

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went to one when I had tendonitus in my shoulders and nothing else helped. I wasn't a true believer, but everything else had failed and I was at least open minded enough to try. Well, it took about 8 sessions, but it worked. I still don't believe it's a cure-all for everything as some claim, nothing is, but I am convinced it has its applications and wouldn't hesitate to go back if I felt the need.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Drac said:
she does place and herb on the end of the needle which she lights as Segal did in "Hard to Kill"

shesulsa is correct it is moxibustion.

However it should never be used if the problem you have is caused by to much heat in the body.

Gemini said:
I went to one when I had tendonitus in my shoulders and nothing else helped. I wasn't a true believer, but everything else had failed and I was at least open minded enough to try. Well, it took about 8 sessions, but it worked. I still don't believe it's a cure-all for everything as some claim, nothing is, but I am convinced it has its applications and wouldn't hesitate to go back if I felt the need.

That is one of the biggest problem my wife has with new patients. They expect it to be a one-time quick fix miracle cure and it isn't. Depending on the injury or problem it can take multiple visits.

Also she says that there are certain things that TCM treats better and there are certain things that Western medicine treats better.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
shesulsa is correct it is moxibustion.

However it should never be used if the problem you have is caused by to much heat in the body.

:asian: Thank you. Is too much heat in the body considered to be excess yang?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shirt Ripper said:
You bend over to rack it instead of setting it down?

Naw, I just wasn't paying attention..I was having one of those really "strong" days and added a couple of extra plates and reps..Somehow when placing the bar back in the rack I twisted my body instead of going in straight..

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
That is one of the biggest problem my wife has with new patients. They expect it to be a one-time quick fix miracle cure and it isn't. Depending on the injury or problem it can take multiple visits.

That's not what I said. I assumed it to take at least several visits, if it would work at all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Gemini said:
That's not what I said. I assumed it to take at least several visits, if it would work at all.

Gemini

Sorry, I did not mean that you had said that, I was not clear in my statement.

"Well, it took about 8 sessions, but it worked. I still don't believe it's a cure-all for everything as some claim, nothing is, but I am convinced it has its applications and wouldn't hesitate to go back if I felt the need."
--Gemini

I was not saying that you had said or done this
"That is one of the biggest problem my wife has with new patients. They expect it to be a one-time quick fix miracle cure and it isn't. Depending on the injury or problem it can take multiple visits." --Xue Sheng

I was referring to the fact that you did go 8 times and that you did not believe it was a miracle cure, and that is a good thing. And I was not clear at all about what I actually meant, sorry.

But there are those that do not share your belief. They expect after being in pain for several years going to doctors, taking medication and having surgery that they can go to an TCM doc or and acupuncturist one time and they will be all better. And if it does not work that way the go away ma, say it doesn’t work and never come back.

My wife tells all her patients the number of visits that they will need to start, some times 2 or 3 times a week working towards 1 to 2 times a month until eventually it is as needed or cured. Many westerners do not want to hear that, they want to hear one visit and you’re all fixed all better.

I am very happy that you gave it a chance and I agree whole heartedly that it is not a miracle cure. In China it is just a medical procedure as much as going for an x-ray or seeing your MD here.

Also I found out that in China, for certain problems they give herbal shots to specific points (similar to getting cortisone shot, if you will allow the comparison). I am told it works very well, but that is not allowed here in the US.

Once again I apologize for my poor explanation.

Latest Discussions