tiger claw elite championship?

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
i was reading kung fu magizine and i read an article about a world martial arts tournament being held at disneyland. its for kids and adults and i guess sign ups were held on feburary 15th and its supposedly its second year doing this. i guess you have to sign up and if you get chosen (your name is put in a draw) you get to go to a few states and compete and apparently the best of the best end up at disney world in orlando flordia. does anyone know what i'm talking about? has anyone ever heard of this? if so can you enlighten me more about it? i would like to participate in it next year and also its for black belts only.

i think its called the tiger claw elite championships or tournaments or something like that.

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
If names are drawn by pure luck and people are left out if not drawn...how can you say the best of the best? I assume even a green belt, if lucky with opponents' drawing (nothing against green belt, just a color to set an example), can win the tournment.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
i dont know. that's what it said. i guess it means that you have to be a black belt in order to sign up or you have to perform in order to be eligible to sign up. i dont know. thats why i was asking. its confusing.

wushu2004

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Eh...Not quite...

You go to any/all of the Tiger Claw sponsered tournaments that you want to. If you place in a division, then you are eligible to go to Disney to compete.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Eh...Not quite...

You go to any/all of the Tiger Claw sponsered tournaments that you want to. If you place in a division, then you are eligible to go to Disney to compete.

oh i see. that makes sense then. lol have you competed in this?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wushu is right if you place in the top three you get an invitation to compete at Disney. So it should read something like this The Best of the Best that competed in Tiger Claw Sponsor events. This way people would not get confused with this whole world champion thing.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure about the martial art competition, but for high school bands Disney offered an invitation for them to play. Great marketing for Disney since everyone had to pay admission.

I wonder if Disney is doing the same with the martial art competition. If you get an invite do you still have to pay admission? Another great marketing for Disney.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Disney is doing the same with the martial art competition. If you get an invite do you still have to pay admission? Another great marketing for Disney.

I participated at the Disneyland qualifer in 2006 (the first year), and while there were tournament entry fees, that year they gave a one day pass to Disneyland/California Adventure to all participants. The other fairly cool thing is that the TigerClaw Elite isn't the only tournament going on. I also participated in the American Kenpo tournament, but depending on your interest there were small tournaments for Judo, Savate, Jujitsu, Kajukenbo, Karate, and TKD going on. The intention of the TigerClaw Elite division was that was where all the black belts that participated in those other divisions (and wanted to do point sparring) could face off against each other. The sportsmanship was good, Disney pretty much demands that, any display of poor sportsmanship and you are gone, which is nice after seeing some of the NBL circuits. Apparently the Championship in Orlando is pretty amazing, it is similar to the Disneyland Qualifier but on a much larger scale.

As a complete shameless plug, my school's annual tournament is on the TigerClaw Elite qualifier circuit, (info at: www.pinedaskenpo.com )

Lamont

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
I participated at the Disneyland qualifer in 2006 (the first year), and while there were tournament entry fees, that year they gave a one day pass to Disneyland/California Adventure to all participants. The other fairly cool thing is that the TigerClaw Elite isn't the only tournament going on. I also participated in the American Kenpo tournament, but depending on your interest there were small tournaments for Judo, Savate, Jujitsu, Kajukenbo, Karate, and TKD going on. The intention of the TigerClaw Elite division was that was where all the black belts that participated in those other divisions (and wanted to do point sparring) could face off against each other. The sportsmanship was good, Disney pretty much demands that, any display of poor sportsmanship and you are gone, which is nice after seeing some of the NBL circuits. Apparently the Championship in Orlando is pretty amazing, it is similar to the Disneyland Qualifier but on a much larger scale.

As a complete shameless plug, my school's annual tournament is on the TigerClaw Elite qualifier circuit, (info at: www.pinedaskenpo.com )

Lamont

thank you. that sounds extremely fun. ;P

Latest Discussions