This is why you DON'T start a fight with a jumping kick...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OMG he was out cold!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A flying kick would not be bad if you land the thing what a beaten he took.
Terry

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
is it just me, or did that look really fabricated? they guy kicking his head and the head does not even move?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, he hurt himself on the fall probably worse than the other guy did. Looks like they all could have used a bit of training.

7sm

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nice stop kick. The kicker went straight to the ground to meet his demise... ouch

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This video clip makes a good point! BUT it depends? ...most people will not expect a jump kick.

Every sitution will be different and your intincts to react will always be different too. Hopefully what ever you use will work to stop the fight from continuning.

In this case timing and distance was wrong, among other minor points.

Always do the unexpected....surprising someone will give you the advantage? ....do you agree? ......

practice your jump kicks? work for perfection....one day it may save your life! ........Aloha

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
is it just me, or did that look really fabricated? they guy kicking his head and the head does not even move?
Yeah, it looked to me like the whole thing was an act. Could just be the poor quality of the video, but it certainly didn't look genuine.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't say if this video is a fake or not, but I saw almost the same outcome back in 81 up in Sault Ste. Marie, MI. Friend of mine who was rather, shall we say, "rough around the edges" got into it with a mouthy MA (brown belt if memory serves, not that it really matters) who opened with a flying kick. Just about 2 seconds later the MA was out cold on his back and my friend just turned around and made the statement "Kick high, you die. NEVER start with that stuff." Always stuck with me, and after really starting training, I can see the wisdom of that statement. You never really know what the other guy is capable of, so open with something where if equally matched, or out-matched, you don't leave yourself commited right off the bat with zero way of checking, and changing. Don't think I worded that right, but hopefully you get the meaning. Changing in mid-stream can be very benificial at times.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't START a fight with anything, would be appropo.

And they just happened to have video running on it? TW

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:

I gotta say, I think it's just you. I replayed it a few times to check and there's no getting around it. He punted his head like a football. The boy was out!
I also agree that the ground probably caused a good bit of damage also. It wouldn't surprise me if he broke his arm.

Latest Discussions