They're back - Hot Fuzz

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The folks who brought us Shawn of the Dead are back. Although that film did not get glowing reviews on this site. The players are back in the new film 'Hot Fuzz'.

Go See This Movie!

There is no reason 'Disturbia' should have been the number 1 film this past weekend. Hot Fuzz was very, very funny. And, they blow up lots of stuff. And there is gratuitous violence. And, the main characters leap through the glass doors with two guns blazing while yelling "arrgghhh!!".

I can't think of a better reason to spend four bucks on a box of milk duds.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
The folks who brought us Shawn of the Dead are back. Although that film did not get glowing reviews on this site. The players are back in the new film 'Hot Fuzz'.

Go See This Movie!

There is no reason 'Disturbia' should have been the number 1 film this past weekend. Hot Fuzz was very, very funny. And, they blow up lots of stuff. And there is gratuitous violence. And, the main characters leap through the glass doors with two guns blazing while yelling "arrgghhh!!".

I can't think of a better reason to spend four bucks on a box of milk duds.

So it is worth a looksie? I heard it was pretty funny.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lfao:

humour, destruction and gratuitous violence, oh my! :D

I will have to check it out, sounds like my kind of movie!

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I watched this in the cinema at a preview on Valentines day this year, we were going to watch a romantic one but I saw this on preview and insisted.... well ok suggested, and there was no competition. Normally cinema audiences here are a pretty quiet well behaved lot but this one was in stitches. I've not seen anything like it for a long time.

It's FANTASTIC! I'd say it's the funniest film I've seen in a long time, I'm getting the DVD for definite, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are a brilliant team and the film takes the mickey out of the English police force really really well.
It's really like that!!!

Watch out for the swan! *giggle*

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I loved Shawn of the Dead thought it was hilarious for it's satire and it's spoof of zombie films (pretend you're a zombie to walk through a crowd of them... why didn't anyone ever think of that?? :lol: ).

Hot Fuzz seems to be full of the same irreverence and spoof of the "american cop-buddy films" ... I'll want to see it because I feel confident in being entertained by the same folks, also because I've heard good things about it on other sites as well.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this one. Shaun of the Dead was a hilarious movie!

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes it is great! Watch out for the flying granny sidekicks!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like A LOT of fun. I'm looking forward to catching it :D

hrlmonkey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
top movie! i laughed so hard i hurt at times. and when you realise how many faces you know in the movie (at least if your british i guess), it just makes things even funnier.

hrlmonkey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
are you all familiar with spaced?

if not, its the show that kinda started them on this vibe. possibly even funnier than shaun and fuzz put together - but thats just my opinion.

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hot Fuzz is a great movie. It not only lampoons the police force, but the love people have for thier small towns in general.

Brian Jones

Latest Discussions