The Sound of Freedom

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, for us Britishers at any rate :D.

I don't think I need to say anything ... just watch the video :).

[yt]c6c3v9iihgw[/yt]

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a wonderful sound :)

And what a sight! I don't think I've ever seen 16 of them together...from either of our forces!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Awesome roar of the V-12 Rolls Royce 1000 horsepower engines and how many German BF-109 pilots trembled at the sight of a squadron of angry British pilots in the cockpit of probably one of the world's best fighter planes (the 109 was a great plane too) coming across the boundary of the Cliffs of Dover to defend King and Country.

Loved it... bet the 20mm cannons made just as an impressive sound too.

So glad they managed to keep a good number in flying condition. Far too many crashed and burned with good pilots behind the stick.

Last edited:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very, very cool. What is there? Like less then 50 flying still?
Throw in some Hurricanes, Lancaster’s and Wellington’s and my heart would skip a beat.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was always my dream, as a kid, to fly a spitfire. It is still my dream, as an adult, to be flown in a spitfire. (There are a couple with two seats.) There aren't many still flying in Australia but it is exciting when you do get the opportunity to see, and hear, them flying. :asian:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truly emotional, had tears in my eyes, can't wait for my other half to wake up after sleeping off nights to let him see this, he will love it!

The two best sounds in the world a baby's first cry and the sound of the mighty Spitfire!! And for many the first wouldn't have happened without the second, am so very thankful.

Latest Discussions