The Sap.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, that was interesting. I hadn't realized that a sap and blackjack were technically different weapons, nor the variety.

jellyman

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering just lasy night about those things, and here's this thread!

Not sure if they'd make good self-defense tools for civilians, only because they sound so lethal, and there's no one teaching a structured approach to their use.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am confused, not by the sequence, but by the fact that is they are undercover then why do they feel the need to post pictures online at all?

Oh Well

I liked the fact that he showed the finger insert. Like a knife I think this would take a lot of practice.

T

TonyM.

I've seen private security and bodyguards (high priced rock star guys) put down riots at shows with saps. Very effective. You get hit once and drop like a sack of potatoes. Would have felt sorry for them if they hadn't been such trouble making buttholes.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phil, thanks for posting the link to that article...it was very interesting. Saps and Blackjacks are definately formidible weapons...I used to carry one of the round blackjacks with the spring until they went and made them illegal...oh well.

Latest Discussions