The Reputation System Reset 3 months later...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My opinion hasn't changed from when the alteration was first mooted.

When I can, I continue to use the system to pass compliments to those who post well (rather than just "Me too'ing") but as a yardstick for judging-before-knowing it's lost it's purpose.

That's no insult for those good members who, by coincidence, have a high 'Rep Power' but it's simply that a lot of members that I don't consider good contributors have higher rep than those that I do. Subjective that certainly is but it bugs me every day I log in.

EDIT: Tho' I do log in every day more than once so it can't be that bad an irritant :).

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My opinion hasn't changed from when the alteration was first mooted.

When I can, I continue to use the system to pass compliments to those who post well (rather than just "Me too'ing") but as a yardstick for judging-before-knowing it's lost it's purpose.

That's no insult for those good members who, by coincidence, have a high 'Rep Power' but it's simply that a lot of members that I don't consider good contributors have higher rep than those that I do. Subjective that certainly is but it bugs me every day I log in.

EDIT: Tho' I do log in every day more than once so it can't be that bad an irritant :).

I understand your point of view but nothing can ever be 100% so it is what it is a tool for some and a living nightmare to others.
icon14.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I STILL miss my stars..Other than that no complaints....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dare I say it? Yes, I dare.

It is interesting, is it not, that those who had high rep before ... have high rep again ... now?

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mmm, to misquote the Emperor from Star Wars, "Strange that I have not" :p.

'High Roller' to 'Bottom of the Heap' for me it seems - ah well, just as long as I know where I stand - at least there's not a volcano erupting under my feet ... yet ...

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mmm, to misquote the Emperor from Star Wars, "Strange that I have not" :p.

'High Roller' to 'Bottom of the Heap' for me it seems - ah well, just as long as I know where I stand - at least there's not a volcano erupting under my feet ... yet ...

Four bars at this stage in the game is actually quite high, I would say. And it will be another 6 months at least before I get to 3 rep points, myself. I would still say you're at the top.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kindly spoken, Thardey :tup:.

Actually, I've figured out what I think part of the problem is - I post an awful lot in fora that 'don't count'. So whilst I may get very pleasant 'buffs' they don't 'score' :).

The kind words are what have meaning really - I can't help it if I'm enough of a 'status harlot' that I crave public recognition :lol:.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Arni remembers well the time our ladies refered to themselves as MT Widows, lol.

No joke. I remember all too well planning on being in bed by midnight and still administrating at 2AM. It was not just fewer staff but we were still working out procedures, sloooooowly climbing up the learning curve!

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quick dive OT but I just wanted to say that I don't think we, the common members {why does that sound rude somehow? :lol:}, don't appreciate the amount of effort it takes to keep a forum like this ticking over smoothly.

We see fora all over the Net and because we've never founded one ourselves we don't comprehend the work required.

So, a big thanks to Bob and the Founders (I must be having one of those days because that sounds like a reggae band :D).

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quick dive OT but I just wanted to say that I don't think we, the common members {why does that sound rude somehow? :lol:}, don't appreciate the amount of effort it takes to keep a forum like this ticking over smoothly.

We see fora all over the Net and because we've never founded one ourselves we don't comprehend the work required.

So, a big thanks to Bob and the Founders (I must be having one of those days because that sounds like a reggae band :D).
Yah, Man! Everyting gonna be Eyrie!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

That's a pretty good sign that we're doing our job, eh? :D We put in the time here that everyone else can have a great time on MT without worrying about all the challenges required to keep it going smoothly. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob and the Founders! Cool, love it!

I second Sukerkins thanks! My only problem is where on earth did those three months go? Must be a sign I'm getting olde,r the time is flying and there's so much still to do!

Latest Discussions