The Prince Who Would Rather be a Pilot

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21119721

I have to say, despite his being born into a an elevated station, I actually feel sorry for Prince Harry. I do get the feeling he'd far rather just have his army life and let all the rest go. He certainly seems more attuned to his military career than his 'media responsibilities' - I loved the way he just ditched the microphone and legged it when he realised his helicopter was being scrambled; no polished excuse-me's ... just gone :D.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
what hell it must be to be unable to break wind without having somebody analyze your last meal!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He feels very strongly about the press, he hates them! They may have to watch him carefully as he has quite an impressive 'kill' record of Taliban already, they may get the press in his sights next. He's very much a soldier, even the naked romp in Vegas is very squaddie, they shred their clothes at the drop of a hat as it were. Loads of sqauddies copied and put it on FB lol. He came up to Catterick for a meeting a few years back as assistant to some officer or other, we heard he quite happily made the brews and ran errands just as a junior officer of his then rank should. The only trouble is security gets bumped up whether he goes which can be a pain and is definitely not normal.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://theroyals.today.com/_news/20...ng-taliban-was-a-job-that-had-to-be-done?lite

awe, he made the Taliban mad....they are fighting a serious war....and along comes a prince just playing!

yep, that's the reality of things.....guys with nimble thumbs can really ruin your day. (but hey. At least they did send a Prince...like in the olden days, when crowns were won and lost on the battle field, along with crowned heads!)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
69693_419702098105817_295726991_n.jpg

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Taliban spokesperson told Agence France-Presse that he suspected the prince may have “mental problems.”
"This is a serious war, a historic war, resistance for us, for our people," the Taliban spokesperson reportedly said.

Seems to me that it is not Prince Harry that has some mental problems. As always, when a propagandist speaks then it is the facts that get lost in the verbiage. To characterise what the Taliban do as anything remotely to do with freedom or resistance ... well, words fail me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry is a professional career soldier, if he's left to do as he choses he will stay in the Army until it's time to retire. He's a good pilot and has shown he has what it takes to be a good combat pilot.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A Taliban spokesperson told Agence France-Presse that he suspected the prince may have “mental problems.”
"This is a serious war, a historic war, resistance for us, for our people," the Taliban spokesperson reportedly said.

Seems to me that it is not Prince Harry that has some mental problems. As always, when a propagandist speaks then it is the facts that get lost in the verbiage. To characterise what the Taliban do as anything remotely to do with freedom or resistance ... well, words fail me.

"you mad, Bro?"
were the words that came to my mind.
yeah, little nerd rage.

I am surprised at you! Giving a half a fig as to what the PR shill had to say. tsk tsk tsk.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Harry is a professional career soldier, if he's left to do as he choses he will stay in the Army until it's time to retire. He's a good pilot and has shown he has what it takes to be a good combat pilot.

No telling where he could go if he would not have this cloud of desk jokeys hovering around him, scrutinizing every single move.
Other guys in his position do not have to worry until they reach at least general!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No telling where he could go if he would not have this cloud of desk jokeys hovering around him, scrutinizing every single move.
Other guys in his position do not have to worry until they reach at least general!

I'm afraid everyone in the forces is under scrutiny these days, yeaterday we had 5300 army redundancies announced, with a few more thousand to come later in the year. This includes officers not just other ranks.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm afraid everyone in the forces is under scrutiny these days, yeaterday we had 5300 army redundancies announced, with a few more thousand to come later in the year. This includes officers not just other ranks.

Can I correctly guess redundancies is what we call a rif (reduction in force)?

I have a lot of respect for your prince and his military service. And it would appear he does enjoy it and doing it well!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

But nobody else will have that many eyes on him.
and whatever he does, somebody will fault him for it.

(he goes fight in the war like everybody else in uniform....somebody doesn't like it, he plays a charity polo match, 'the bloke should get a job'. he is on the job 24/7....)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I correctly guess redundancies is what we call a rif (reduction in force)?

I have a lot of respect for your prince and his military service. And it would appear he does enjoy it and doing it well!

yes they are reducing the Armed Forces to a point that we won't have an army anymore technically it will be a militia. It's asscociated jobs jobs too in the MOD, mine's going this year or the next along with thousands of others.

Within the military Harry has no problems with people on his case, outside he does as they all do. I'm pleased he's working as I for one resent paying for the other members of the family outside the Queen. I don't see why we should be paying for Prince Andrew's daughters for example, they should work. Both of Princess Anne's children work and neither has a title which is good. It's the hangers on that most of us dislike paying for. And if we are paying for them we can watch and criticise them as much as we like!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yes they are reducing the Armed Forces to a point that we won't have an army anymore technically it will be a militia. It's asscociated jobs jobs too in the MOD, mine's going this year or the next along with thousands of others.

Within the military Harry has no problems with people on his case, outside he does as they all do. I'm pleased he's working as I for one resent paying for the other members of the family outside the Queen. I don't see why we should be paying for Prince Andrew's daughters for example, they should work. Both of Princess Anne's children work and neither has a title which is good. It's the hangers on that most of us dislike paying for. And if we are paying for them we can watch and criticise them as much as we like!

:lol:

I wish they all were as fair minded!
some folks begrudge them the air they are breathing it seems.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LANGUAGE WARNING ( and who would have thought it lol!)

486002_10151467109311159_1157071210_n.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My other half when in the RAF as part of the Queen's Colour Squadron has done several guards at Buck House, Windsor and Kensington Place and you'd be surprised to hear just how the Royals do speak lol! His favourite was always the Duchess of Kent, a lovely gracious lady who sadly hasn't been well the past few years. Least favourite of all by common consent was Princess Margaret who really did swear like a trooper as can Princess Anne who've I heard at hunter and eventing trials.