The pot calling the kettle black...

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think the point was, a face full of tatoos indicates some kind of emotional problems.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the point was, a face full of tatoos indicates some kind of emotional problems.

Why? I'm being totally serious here - why does a face full of tattoos indicate some kind of emotional problem? I mean, in the case you're talking about, where the individual in question has racist symbols tattooed on himself, I don't necessarily disagree - but I've seen completely tattooed people who considered themselves (and quite rightfully, IMHO) to be works of art - including their faces, and I don't see that as an indicator of "some kind of emotional problems".

And no... before you ask... I don't have any tattoos, although I've been considering it off and on for years, quite likely something to do with TKD.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why? I'm being totally serious here - why does a face full of tattoos indicate some kind of emotional problem? I mean, in the case you're talking about, where the individual in question has racist symbols tattooed on himself, I don't necessarily disagree - but I've seen completely tattooed people who considered themselves (and quite rightfully, IMHO) to be works of art - including their faces, and I don't see that as an indicator of "some kind of emotional problems".
This is what I was trying to get at. While the theme of the tattoos may be offensive, is that really much different then someone choosing to wear a t-shirt with a racist message?
It's the artwork that's the problem, not the medium.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score

And no... before you ask... I don't have any tattoos, although I've been considering it off and on for years, quite likely something to do with TKD.

I have only "anecdotal eveidence", my personal experience with a few individuals who had facial tattoos, and the cases in the media of criminals like this one. I could mutilate my entire body in the most disgusting way and consider my self a work of art, but it doesn't change the fact that I would be a WACKO. (No I don't consider tat's mutiliation!!)

At the very least tattooing your face shows an irrationally strong desire for attention.

Latest Discussions