The pope and his Islamic quotes

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What I find disappointing is the Popes "backing down". If he has a position he should stand by it. Im not clear what he "believes" about the issue at this point.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Except for the extremists shooting abortion doctors...

yeah, I know... but it hasn't happened in a while.... :p

However, it is my opinion there is a certain amount of volatility to many christian groups and it probably wouldn't take much to push them into that sort of violence. Just my opinion though.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Except for the extremists shooting abortion doctors...

Individual wackos running off with their own agendas (and they are loudly denounced by the church) dont even compare to Islamic extremism in size, scope and organization.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Individual wackos running off with their own agendas (and they are loudly denounced by the church) dont even compare to Islamic extremism in size, scope and organization.
It's interesting to think that when its your own people, there are just a few "individual wackos", but when its the other guy, it's a mass of organzied militant fanatics.

Life is all about perspective I guess. :idunno:

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Although I do find this survey pretty interesting.
http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=248

Although the US seems to be catching the brunt of the "Islamophobic" labeling. It appears that we are fairly low in that category.

248-5.gif

248-11.gif

I wonder why the Turks are most prone to associate Christianity with violence? I admit ignorance of Turkish politics and if there are some sort of "Christian terrorist" problems there.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder why the Turks are most prone to associate Christianity with violence? I admit ignorance of Turkish politics and if there are some sort of "Christian terrorist" problems there.

Maybe they object to the violent tenor of the Christian resistance the Battle of Vienna in 1683, the last great incursion of Islamic armies into Europe... which began, interestingly enough, on September 11 of that year. I mean, the armies of the (for once) united central European kingdoms were only around half the size of Grand Vizier Kara Mustapha's forces... so they must have fought especially fiercely to give the Ottoman Turkish army the trouncing that drove them out of Europe. No fair!