The "My Way" Killings

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/printarticle/762509

It seems that singing Frank Sinatra's "My Way" can be fatal in the Philippines.

GENERAL SANTOS, PHILIPPINES–After a day of cutting hair, Rodolfo Gregorio went to his neighbourhood karaoke bar. Putting aside his glass of Red Horse Extra Strong beer, he grasped a microphone with a habitué's self-assuredness and briefly stilled the room with "My Prayer," by the Platters.
Next, he belted out crowd-pleasers by Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck. But Gregorio, 63, a witness to countless fistfights and occasional stabbings from disputes over karaoke singing, did not dare choose one beloved classic: Frank Sinatra's version of "My Way."

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
GENERAL SANTOS, PHILIPPINES–After a day of cutting hair, Rodolfo Gregorio went to his neighbourhood karaoke bar. Putting aside his glass of Red Horse Extra Strong beer, he grasped a microphone with a habitué's self-assuredness and briefly stilled the room with "My Prayer," by the Platters.
Next, he belted out crowd-pleasers by Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck. But Gregorio, 63, a witness to countless fistfights and occasional stabbings from disputes over karaoke singing, did not dare choose one beloved classic: Frank Sinatra's version of "My Way."

Anything can be fatal if Red Horse is involved.

Latest Discussions