The movie that made Martial Arts

M

Mark Weiser

Billy Jack was in my age group and YES!! I loved the scene in which he was in the park and He is talking

"I will tell you what I am going to do I am going to take this foot(pointing to his left foot) and kick you in the face (pointing to the man's left side of his head) and there is nothing you can do to stop me!"

Billy Jack does exactly that. I loved it!!

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
Oh man...as a baby of the 80's let me tell you that this movie rocked....I would say it's impact on martial arts was absolutely huge...

The best part was that Pat Morita was a computer programmer that quit his job to become a stand up comedian...talk about a career move...

"sweep the leg..."
"but sensei..."
"you gotta problem....sweep the leg..."

man...good times
i have to say that they are great movies... all three! but they are just that movies! even though i will admit i get on the stumps in front of my office and practice the krane technique every morning! hee hee!
all i know is that i wanted a sleeveless gi at one time too. also whats with not wearing any pads in the tournament? all around great flick! also the turtles were good too. i still have the original toys in a box. they are out of the package so probably not worth anything.

B

Bigodinho

Has everyone forgotten about the classic of all classics?

"Bruce Leeroy? BRUCE LEEROY? Catches bullets, with his teeth? N**** please!"

"Who's the master? SHO-NUFF! Who is THE MASTER? SHO-NUFF! Yeah, Sho-Nuff, the shogun of Harlem."

THE LAST DRAGON tops them all!!! :ultracool :partyon:

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bigodinho said:

"Who's the master? SHO-NUFF! Who is THE MASTER? SHO-NUFF! Yeah, Sho-Nuff, the shogun of Harlem."

i like "only the strong"... haa haa haa! sorry man i had too!:ultracool

B

Bigodinho

Enson said:
i like "only the strong"... haa haa haa! sorry man i had too!:ultracool
I don't like you no more, man. You cut me deep just now. :lool:

M

Mark Weiser

LOL! Do remember the video the lady was trying to make "Taking me out for a test drive" or how about the Master in a Fortune Cookie Factory LOL LOL!!!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i think we're all forgetting about the greatest martial arts movie of all time...

Sidekick....where the little kid keeps having dreams of partnering up with chuck norris and kicking butt....

what an awful idea

M

marshallbd

bignick said:
i think we're all forgetting about the greatest martial arts movie of all time...

Sidekick....where the little kid keeps having dreams of partnering up with chuck norris and kicking butt....

what an awful idea
Chuck Norris is a personal Hero of mine for his Kick Drugs out of America program and how he helps kids out of thier spiral into oblivion through the martial arts, but I have to agree, that movie sucked!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no doubt....i also think chuck norris and what he tries to accomplish through the martial arts is great...but that doesn't always mean hes gonna make the best choices for film roles...he's done some really bad...and some really cool stuff

M

Mark Weiser

Sum Dum Goy!!!
coolyellow.gif

Do you think the writer was Jewish LOL!!!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
hey now...I grew up watching that show every saturday morning...if that channel was changed, it was grudge match time. wish I still had all those friggin' figures...the originals are actually worth a bit along with the Desert Storm versions.

I have some in a box somewheres... I should check their value.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigodinho said:

"Am I the MEANEST ? Am I the PRETTIEST ? Am I the BADDEST mo-fo-no down aroun' this town ? But WHO am I ? WHO am I ? I... can't... hear... you! Yeah, Sho-Nuff, the shogun of Harlem."

S

shaolinchi

I'm still amazed Bruce Leeroy could catch a bullet with his teeth :)

S

sifu nick

I love that movie since it's the one that got me involved in the martial arts. Actually, I liked all three of them.

P

Patrick Skerry

My father told me that he grew up watching the Green Hornet on television, and that Bruce Lee as Kato was what conditioned America for the upcoming martial arts craze which began in 1970 with the movie Five Fingers of Death.

My father said a Hong Kong director named Run Run Shaw brought in a lot of Chinese Kung Fu movies, the first being Five Fingers of Death in 1970, and that is what kicked off all the karate flicks since.

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Man I LOVED the last dragon and the Karate Kid. Does anyone remember They Call Me Bruce? That was a funny movie. As for Mr. Miyagi, I read in interview with him once in some skateboard magazine (i tried to find it but couldn't) and asked him about his MA experience or training and he said that he has had none and it was just the movies. They ended the piece but saying that finding that out was like finding out that Santa Claus isn't real. :)

P

Patrick Skerry

Same thing in the movie KARATE KID, Pat Morita never studied karate or any other martial art in his life.

cashwo said:
Man I LOVED the last dragon and the Karate Kid. Does anyone remember They Call Me Bruce? That was a funny movie. As for Mr. Miyagi, I read in interview with him once in some skateboard magazine (i tried to find it but couldn't) and asked him about his MA experience or training and he said that he has had none and it was just the movies. They ended the piece but saying that finding that out was like finding out that Santa Claus isn't real. :)

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I guess he wasn't kidding when he said JC Penny $3.95 you like? Or something like that, hehehehe. I still love the movie anyways. I have to mention the 5 deadly venoms though. A local tv station used to have Kung-Fu Sunday's and would show MA movies all day long. I LOVED IT!!!!

Latest Discussions