The movie: Best of the Best

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I looked for it on Blockbuster a month ago & they only had #2 & #3. After I posted my question, I looked again. BANG! There it is.

On the que @ #3. My wife will be so happy. It will be a big change from all the foreign films & "chick flicks that wind up on our que. She says that she doesn't know how that happens:idunno:

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
I remember being hooked on the Sho Kosugi Ninja films of the 80's. They were great escapist fare for a lonely high school kid. Of course now I'd be going "Ay Yi Yi what was I thinking?" But at the time they were great fun. I tend to look at these films much more critically. The Karate Kid films will always be good (most of 'em, anyway). Had to put up with way too many clowns doing Crane Technique around me trying to make fun of martial arts.

You are just about 2 or 3 yrs. older than me. I remember those movies. Ay Yi Yi is right. Those were horrible. Best of the Best I was ok. Part II left you wandering if you could have the last hour and a half of your life back.

For the Karate Kid movies. Well I enjoyed I and II. III killed it for me, and the next karate kid was abysmal.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
While I enjoyed the movie overall, there are a few sticking points with me:

1. Sally Kellerman breaking a stack of blocks with a ridgehand? Pu-lleeeaasse!

2. Hee Il Cho as the Korean Team Coach? See above. His acting is as wooden as Don Wilson's.

3. After seeing how the American team trained, I was rooting for the Koreans.

4. The tournament was conducted like point Karate. Is that how they free fight in Korea? I don't think so.

:rofl:
:cheers:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I rented it from Bloclbuster online & they sent B.o.t.B. 2 & 3 on one disc instead of the 1st one. I checked & they didn't have any other option. They called what they sent B.o.t.B.:idunno:

I was pretty bummed. Those 2 films should have never made it to DvD.

Latest Discussions