The Martial Science Of Hunting!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the latest installment on my blog The Instinctive Edge!

http://brianvancise.wordpress.com/2008/10/11/the-martial-science-of-hunting/

Enjoy!
icon14.gif

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You bring up some interseting points.

Many today do not need to hunt but heck Istill know some that put much of the meat on their table from hunting

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
The "caveman" roots of the warrior traditions are in hunting. Many warrior traditions participated in "the hunt" as well.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes and personally I think it is something that needs to be continued forth by martial practitioners.
icon14.gif
Agreed, as hunting is a very important skill to have. Survival depends upon the ability to find food, hunting is part of it.
Today's society is permeated with those pacifists vegans that think it's cruel and useless to hunt animals and kill them and then finally consume them. They continually fail to realize that they wouldn't BE here if it were not for man's hunting and surviving skills.
Oh sure we've domesticated certain animals for food and learned agriculture which surely has elevated man far above his counterparts in the forests but we're still in a survival mode.
Whenever we go out beyond the line of civilization we should have at least the skill to find food. Sometimes meat is the only thing out there.
One does not need the skills to bring down big game but it's nice to have because it increases the supply of food that one animal brings.
I need to ponder a bit about the Martial applications so I'll post later.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice blog. I like the comparisons of hunting to martial techniques and skills. I think everyone who eats meat should have at least hunted a few times. Who knows, it very well may be a skill that some of need in the future.
David

Latest Discussions