The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here's a little Chuck Norris rail hump for your humpday pleasure.. .

Last edited by a moderator:

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Or maybe he did not hump the rail, maybe the gravitational pull of his loins moved the entire world closer to his groin?

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Point in case of two great martial artists but two less than great actors: Tadashi Yamashita AND Chuck Norris. Although I gotta say the final fight scene could've been a little more bad @$$.. .

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Personally, I think Tadashi Yamashita was better in American Ninja vs. Michael Dudikoff (who I'm not sure was a martial artist at the time).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You too have likely been put on Chuck's short list...... running will do no good.... best, as I said before to SahBumNimRush , wait for the the inevitable... becasue I am betting running will only make it worse

lol, I don't run. It's against my religion!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Point in case of two great martial artists but two less than great actors: Tadashi Yamashita AND Chuck Norris. Although I gotta say the final fight scene could've been a little more bad @$$.. .

Personally, I think Tadashi Yamashita was better in American Ninja vs. Michael Dudikoff (who I'm not sure was a martial artist at the time).

:lfao:

I am sure somehow in the movie those scenes make sens.....

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Precisely! Awesomely bad 80's and 90's "Martial Arts" movies! It's these types of movies that brought thousands to the marital arts in the states back then (I'm not sure that a realistic depiction of the martial arts would've made at the box office for the untrained masses). I remember hearing it all the time in the training hall from the instructors, "this isn't the movies, <insert any of thousands of lessons here>"

Karate Kid is what made me want to start training. I quickly learned that the crane kick didn't work the way Daniel San used it.. .

That said, I still love them, fantastical, nonsensical, flashy and all!

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
:lfao:

I am sure somehow in the movie those scenes make sens.....

Although, your statement got me thinking, does anyone know of any martial arts movies that are more accurate in the depiction of martial arts? Or are they all based in fantastical/ impractical fight choreography? I know there are movies that hit, more or less, to the heart of the philosophical aspects, but are there any that realistically depict the physical? IMHO, there aren't, at least not that I know of, since the reality of fighting isn't pretty or graceful.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just because I wanted to post something that reminded me that there are sometimes great days in your life:

attachment.php

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of your best advocates hang here in the LPT my friend. Great picture and great memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions