The Kwai family Kuit are both more in number and more expansive

OP
J

Jens

Green Belt
Reaction score
hunschuld, what’s the difference between juan=roll and huai=spiral?

OP
J

Jens

Green Belt
Reaction score
Spiral is offensive,attacking. Roll is defensive, accepting and redirecting energy
hunschuld, can you please share a brief description of earth of the other 16 energies of Lo Kwai wck below as you did with “huai and Juan”:

tao=spit
tun=swallow
fao=raise
chum=sink
mo=touch
dong=swing
na=adhere
kum=grasp
lao=leak
tong=press
biu=thrust
zhan=vibrate
shuai=throw
zhi=straight
dap=join
jui=follow

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hunschuld, can you please share a brief description of earth of the other 16 energies of Lo Kwai wck below as you did with “huai and Juan”:

tao=spit
tun=swallow
fao=raise
chum=sink
mo=touch
dong=swing
na=adhere
kum=grasp
lao=leak
tong=press
biu=thrust
zhan=vibrate
shuai=throw
zhi=straight
dap=join
jui=follow
I will be brief and superficial. Skipping the first four. Those should be known by everyone in some fashion. our wing chun is best understood as standup grappling so this will be with that basis in mind. Touch fell incoming energy without providing your energy. Followed by something else like Bui=thrust which everyone should know or Lao+ leak again a basic chi sao skill of Shuai= throw. so you get touch recognize the incoming energy and throw. You can perform Tough with hands legs shoulders or body,usually chest. Dong=swing can be defensive changing the angle of your body or offensive ,lop sau is example or combine both. Kum and Na should be known . Tong= press. use the shoulder chest of knee when in close body contact or use at distance to uproot and manipulate center of gravity zhi= straight quick short direct movement. Jui=follow move in the direction of the incoming energy example incoming push Ibody moves with the push using dong=swing. Dap=join needs to be shown contect your Cog with opponents Cog to control their Cog. Many ways to do this Zhan= Vibrate hard to describe, not in most wing chun systems. I have seen it in pao fe lein and some veitnam WC. rapid small direction energy changes often followed by leak

OP
J

Jens

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will be brief and superficial. Skipping the first four. Those should be known by everyone in some fashion. our wing chun is best understood as standup grappling so this will be with that basis in mind. Touch fell incoming energy without providing your energy. Followed by something else like Bui=thrust which everyone should know or Lao+ leak again a basic chi sao skill of Shuai= throw. so you get touch recognize the incoming energy and throw. You can perform Tough with hands legs shoulders or body,usually chest. Dong=swing can be defensive changing the angle of your body or offensive ,lop sau is example or combine both. Kum and Na should be known . Tong= press. use the shoulder chest of knee when in close body contact or use at distance to uproot and manipulate center of gravity zhi= straight quick short direct movement. Jui=follow move in the direction of the incoming energy example incoming push Ibody moves with the push using dong=swing. Dap=join needs to be shown contect your Cog with opponents Cog to control their Cog. Many ways to do this Zhan= Vibrate hard to describe, not in most wing chun systems. I have seen it in pao fe lein and some veitnam WC. rapid small direction energy changes often followed by leak
Spiral is offensive,attacking. Roll is defensive, accepting and redirecting energy
hunschuld, I thought your description and differentiation between “huai and Juan” was brilliant and direct to the point. I immediately understood what you were describing . In a similar fashion can you share a break down of the function of the other 16 energies of Lo Kwai wck below as you did with “huai and Juan”:

tao=spit
tun=swallow
fao=raise
chum=sink
mo=touch
dong=swing
na=adhere
kum=grasp
lao=leak
tong=press
biu=thrust
zhan=vibrate