The Dark Tower

TheEdge883

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyone else following the Dark Tower as religiously as I am? I just finished Wolves Of The Calla last night and have only a few words: HOLY FREAKING CRAP! I had the most fun reading that book than I have reading any of his other work.
Of course, it could be the 15 years of following the series finally coming down to an end.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I'm still reading The Gunslinger...so is the whole series that good? I should continue after this novel?

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I LOVE the Dark Tower series. I read Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three in book form years ago and loved them. I've just recently re-"read" them on audio book and just finished listening to Wastelands and Wizard and loved them. I'll start Wolves this weekend and am looking forward to it like a starving mutt eyeing a steak he's about to snag from a table.

Mike

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
IMO, the Dark Tower books are King's best work. The level of care he puts into the books is amazing.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig said:
I loved the first three, I've been reading them since they were first printed too. The only reason I haven't read Wolves yet is the cost. I'm looking forward to it.

Wolves is the fifth - did you skip the fourth or not like it?

Just curious about its omission in your statement :)

Mike

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
I just finished wizard and glass. I was a little annoyed that it was devoted to backstory. However, there have only been 2 books harder than that for me to put down; The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I'm looking forward to reading Wolves of the Calla and Song of Susannah. I can't wait until the final chapter comes out this november.

Latest Discussions