The Carport of Calamity!

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, as many of you know, due to Mark's passing, I'm relocating Cumann Bhata Dayton to my home from his. This involved cleaning out the garage and preparing it for use. Got the majority of it done and my son and I went out last night to "test" it out. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22716822@N00/sets/72157612532620063/

My favorite is the second pic where he's slipping the cut to the leg and countering.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
nice! some of my best training has been in garages.

jf

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
nice! some of my best training has been in garages.
Yeah. The first dojang I ever attended was a basement dojang.

I loved getting my son out there. He had a blast doing these drills.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
A family that trains together stays together. My whole family trains together and it is great for us. Good to see you passing on to the young.

And I also, have had some of my best training in garage schools.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, as many of you know, due to Mark's passing, I'm relocating Cumann Bhata Dayton to my home from his. This involved cleaning out the garage and preparing it for use. Got the majority of it done and my son and I went out last night to "test" it out. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22716822@N00/sets/72157612532620063/

My favorite is the second pic where he's slipping the cut to the leg and countering.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Nice photos Kirk. Best of luck for continued success with Cumann Bhata Dayton. I know you're entering a new phase with Mark's passing and I hope 2009 is a great year.

Some of my early training was in a garage, nothing like it!

David

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice photos Kirk. Best of luck for continued success with Cumann Bhata Dayton. I know you're entering a new phase with Mark's passing and I hope 2009 is a great year.
Thanks. We'll see how it goes but so far I have a good feeling. I got out this weekend and replaced the single incandescent bulb fixture with a 4-tube fluorescent fixture. Much, much nicer. But, word to the wise, it's a major pain in the keister to try to place a large steel fixture on the ceiling all by yourself. I ended up using an improvised 2 section hoist system that I screwed into the ceiling and a 2x4 "T" brace. :p

Some of my early training was in a garage, nothing like it!
Seems a lot of people, myself included, has spent some quality time in a "garage dojo" (as I like to call them). Well, the one I was in was actually in a basement, but you know. ;-)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions