Thanks from TDT "Two Dragons"

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would like to Thank everyone who helped make the TDT fight-off an outstanding event. Thanks to Master Terry Stoker for driving all the way from Texas it was a pleasure to get to meet you. Terry your son is a very talented and quality young man. I hope that TC is feeling better Thanks to mango man and Team X for helping to support our event. I would also like to thank ATC for spreading the word in Northern California. Thanks to Team Jiro, Hans TKD, Elite TKD(Las Vegas), Air Force TKD, Villa's TKD, Tapia, World TKD and many more for helping to make this event a success.

A special Thanks to Master Marlow and Clark County TKD for providing the officials for this event.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to Thank everyone who helped make the TDT fight-off an outstanding event. Thanks to Master Terry Stoker for driving all the way from Texas it was a pleasure to get to meet you. Terry your son is a very talented and quality young man. I hope that TC is feeling better Thanks to mango man and Team X for helping to support our event. I would also like to thank ATC for spreading the word in Northern California. Thanks to Team Jiro, Hans TKD, Elite TKD(Las Vegas), Air Force TKD, Villa's TKD, Tapia, World TKD and many more for helping to make this event a success.

A special Thanks to Master Marlow and Clark County TKD for providing the officials for this event.
Thanks Gorilla for you and your group puting on such a great event. Maybe next time Team ATC can be a part of it. Looks like a lot of good people made it down. Hope all had fun and no one got injured.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gorila it is us that should Thank you all for doing an outstanding job. You have some very talented people and mango.man your whole Team X are just awesome. TC is going to the Doctor at 7:30 am for testing and he will be fine, we shall see everyone in February.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry is right, thanks to Gorilla and Master Blackburn for putting together the event. It is events like this where people put aside any and all petty differences and host and show up to support an event that absolutely everyone in attendance can benefit from that make "rumbles" the best event in town for the most talented and driven athletes.

I estimate that there were about 60 people there, which is a pretty decent turnout for this type of event, let alone, your guy's first attempt at it. Master Blackburn kept it running very smoothly and if any player got fewer than 10 fights, it is their own fault.

It was nice to meet you as well Terry. I will be sending you pictures within the next day or so.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes Master Blackburn did a fantastic job, all I can say is Zachary had over twenty and that was alot of work. mango.man Zachary ask me to to say hello and tell your daughter hello and also she is very talented. I really like these events alot.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Master Blackburn does a great job. He put together the event I just got the word out. He is a tremendous Master, Coach, Trainer and friend. We are very lucky to have him at TDT. He puts in allot of work and time for very little money. He is truly what TKD is all about.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You should try it again during the US Open ie: you maybe able to get kids on the day after they compete, local judges should still be available.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You should try it again during the US Open ie: you maybe able to get kids on the day after they compete, local judges should still be available.

Or maybe people need to recognized that it is about getting some quality training during the year and not right before or right after an event. Since I have been told by Master Blackburn that my school can workout inside his school the week before, I am set.

TX_BB sometimes one must go beyond to get to that level. I liked it this way because you get quality over quanity. I rather have 75 quality that 200 that have no talent.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or maybe people need to recognized that it is about getting some quality training during the year and not right before or right after an event. Since I have been told by Master Blackburn that my school can workout inside his school the week before, I am set.

TX_BB sometimes one must go beyond to get to that level. I liked it this way because you get quality over quanity. I rather have 75 quality that 200 that have no talent.
Gorilla extended me an off also. I will most likely take him up on this as well.

Taekwondo Gah-johk (family)

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gorilla extended me an off also. I will most likely take him up on this as well.

Taekwondo Gah-johk (family)

ATC I will extend the offer about drinks in February, we will be coming in the Tuesday before so we will have time. I am so sorry you was able to make it this time.

Gah-johk

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats to all involved-I like hearing about well-run and well-received events.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score

These are intended as training events for the most part we are looking at Mid March for the next one. We will try to arrange E-hogus. This is very tentative. We want to use this as a jumping off point for Qualifiers and Nationals. We are also looking at a sparing seminar that goes along with the fight-off. This would be next day (Sunday).

This was just a test event for us. We are going to get the word out much sooner for the next one. It is in the planning phase and should be a great event.

I will invite everyone on Martial talk to come and see Sport TKD at its best. It is much different in person-up close.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are intended as training events for the most part we are looking at Mid March for the next one. We will try to arrange E-hogus. This is very tentative. We want to use this as a jumping off point for Qualifiers and Nationals. We are also looking at a sparing seminar that goes along with the fight-off. This would be next day (Sunday).

This was just a test event for us. We are going to get the word out much sooner for the next one. It is in the planning phase and should be a great event.

I will invite everyone on Martial talk to come and see Sport TKD at its best. It is much different in person-up close.

Gorilla TX_BB is one of my BB, he is just joking around and he is one that needs to let his oldest son come and get some top quality sparing matches to help him grow as a student. Keep doing what you and Master Blackburn is doing people will get with it or be left at the door.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Terry, just an FYI, I dropped your CD in the mail a few minutes ago. You'll probably get it Saturday

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Terry, just an FYI, I dropped your CD in the mail a few minutes ago. You'll probably get it Saturday

Well I thank you and yours will be sent out on Monday when we get back from Houston, they are having a tournament. Busy month.

Latest Discussions