Thanking The Soldiers With A Sign

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My oldest brother, Vietnam veteran (stationed in Seoul Korea in the intelligence division), firefighter, now F.B.I. agent and past certified Sign Language interpreter sent this to me via e-mail. I found it interesting.
Read the story (and the rest of the website -- after the video here).
[yt]MSfFYxSdKdo[/yt]
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/story.php
As a way to thank those in military and public service for the jobs they do, it's a thoughtful means of expression.
The sign itself is a (slight) modification of the "thank you" normally used in everyday signing, but it's subtle and yet still conveys the thought of a heartfelt thanks. According to the site, the sign is actually the older version of the one now being used to say "thank you" or simply "thanks".

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gawrsh. I usually just walk up to them and thank them and ask if I can shake their hand. I've gotten a mixed reaction. Some don't want to hear it - I think they're still raw from their experience. Some have heard it so much they dismiss it quickly, some don't want thanks - they did what they did because they wanted to do it. Others smile and nod or shake my hand ... kiss me on the cheek (blush).

This seems to be a nice alternative. Thanks, Caver!

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gawrsh. I usually just walk up to them and thank them and ask if I can shake their hand. I've gotten a mixed reaction. Some don't want to hear it - I think they're still raw from their experience. Some have heard it so much they dismiss it quickly, some don't want thanks - they did what they did because they wanted to do it. Others smile and nod or shake my hand ... kiss me on the cheek (blush).

This seems to be a nice alternative. Thanks, Caver!
Thank my brother... he's the veteran. :asian:

Latest Discussions