Taps

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
or what happens when the inner band geek becomes an outy.....

Well, the saga of the band continues.
Since we had the fallout with the booster club president, dearest hubby has focused his energy on finding band instruments in other people's attics.
Not picker style - yet....

Now, since I got the scout and band buddy of my kid 'promoted' (rather Shanghaied) into becoming the troop bugler for the scouts, I figured I'd better get a bugle for the guys to use, since the kid is particular about his trumpet, and it would not be fair to expect him to tote his good horn to camp outs...

NOW....
after stops at pawn shops, Craigs' list etc....and of course ebay...

we have a grand total of 4 trombones, 2 trumpets and 2 bugles...so far.

Where Taps comes in, you ask?

Well, while the kid plays trombone (and 2 of the above mentioned instruments are his) he just can't help himself, he HAS to try out the new instruments as they come in.
And Taps is one of the bugle calls. (Did I mention music and bugleling are merit badge activities? I figured that since the kids - three of them - are already in band, they got that in the bag...well, 2 of them play brass, the 3rd is drums...)

So the kid practiced taps tonight, on the bugle and on one of the trumpets.

Oh, I need to leave feedback on my 2nd bugle...I wish I had read the description better....it's in pretty rough shape...but when it was new, it must have been something...can't give the guy nothing but an A+ rating...not his fault I can't read for comprehension.....the mouth piece is deformed and permanently attached to the bugle....and the part is on the short side, it's for decoration only I suppose, though it does have a nice sound still....

Latest Discussions