Tannerite?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff? Tannerite
Apparently this is sold in ½lb targets that, when you shoot them with a rifle, they explode.
OK, this could be a lot of fun. :D
However, knowing how many absolute morons are out there, that kind of scares me. I would never have heard of this, except for the actions of a moron, who blew up a dump truck with it.
News Story

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That stuff looks cool, but wow, what an idiot. The guy said he had 100 pounds of the stuff in the back of that dump truck.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, it could be lots of fun, if you are careful. That guy... he was just STUPID

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
This thread is coincidentally up with the one about a city mayor wanting to ban all handguns.

Taken together, they illustrate why society is so messed up.

First, a complete imbecile inevitably finds some way to cause destruction. Second, an equally imbecilic politician exploits the first imbecile to destroy the public's freedom.

Continue cycle until all freedom is destroyed...... and we are left with a society which is (literally) by, for and of imbeciles.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Has me thinking of what the blast radius is and what they are doing to keep it out of the wrong hands. Though it could be fun, this could also be very, very bad.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I bought some for a buddy of mine, a partial repayment for all the things he's done for me.
He lives on 20 acres with his family, (four houses on the acreage.) Mixed up nice and easy, fired from 30 yards. The target container, a 1/2 lb plastic jar, completely disintegrated, not one scrap could be found. The sound? Satisfyingly loud. His dad's house is over 300 yards away and it shook the windows. No flash/ no fireball, just really, REALLY LOUD BOOM! Totally worth buying, he's already ordered more.
Shot it with a 7mm rifle.

Latest Discussions